Mistake

"you think Max is okay?!" Chaz yelled as the two fell down the portal, hanging onto a still unconscious Max "I hope so, if we're lucky we can get him to the sloth ring and get him some medical help!" Quint yelled back as he looked down, seemingly no end in sight to the portal. After falling for what felt like hours and end would be in sight, and once they got near the exit they were shot out of it like a cannon and flung through the air, and thankfully landing on a singed pile of plushies.

"Oh fucking heaven, thought we'd be stuck in that damn portal forever" Chaz groaned as he rubbed his back, holding onto max with his other hand "where are we anyway?" Chaz asked as he looked around, quint doing the same. The two at first didn't recognize their surroundings, but quickly noticed burned booths, wrecked carnival rides and burning tents.... Loo Loo Land. "We're in greed" Quint sighed with relief "but of all places, why this dump?" Chaz asked.

But before Quint could give out some theory on the portal, max began to cough up small amounts of blood as he began to reawaken "fuck....am I double dead?.." max groaned as he wiped blood off his mouth and slowly sat up. "Well you're dead, but not double dead" Chaz said as he helped support Max "you okay Max?" Quint asked as he crawled over the pile of plushies and examined Max's body. "I think so, just light headed" Max said as he rubbed his missing arm's shoulder, quickly making Max panic as he remembered what aamon had done "AH FUCKING CHRIST" Max yelled out as he clutched his wound and scampered back, bumping into Chaz.

"Max calm down your okay, your wound sealed.... somehow" Quint said as calmly as he could be, trying to calm Max down. Max would hyperventilate and mumble incoherently, fear and anxiety ran through him "Chaz I need some help here!" Quint quipped as he looked at Max with concern. Chaz would panic a bit before quickly pulling max into a hug in an attempt to calm the human, who began to slow his breathing down as Chaz comforted Max "it's okay Max, you're safe..." Chaz said in a quiet tone as he ran a clawed hand through Max's pale hair. "....thank you" Max quietly spoke as he buried his head in Chaz's chest.

Quint would also join in on the hug, hugging Max as his and Chaz's shark tails wrapped around the trio...

Elsewhere in the carnival ruins laid a old machine, curled up in a ball with the main tent, sleeping... until it heard the echoes of Max's scream. Greenish yellow eyes would shoot wide open as the machine began to uncurl itself as a low, glitched laugh echoed through the tent "l-l-looks l-like w-we h-have visitors..."

"May-y the freak s-s-show begin!.."