fourteen

"Min Yoongi!" Jungkook shouted as he ran towards them, Taehyung following him behind, trying to slow Jungkook down but the boy was faster than light.

Jimin and Yoongi turned towards him, "Jungkook.. what are you doing here?" asked Jimin, pushing Yoongi away with a faint blush on his cheeks but Yoongi refused to move as he held Jimin tighter.

"Are you taking advantage of my friend Min Yoongi!? I can't believe you-"

"He isn't! Jungkook.....let's...let's go.." replied jimin cutting off Jungkook as he tried to get down but Yoongi who held him, still won't budge.

Jungkook got furious, he clenched his fist and shot a puch right at Yoongi's left cheek causing the boy to stumble a little.

His eyes were red as he quickly tried to punch Jungkook back, he was ready to smack the shit out of Jungkook. But before the impact landed on Jungkook, Yoongi felt a tight grip on his wrist, it was Taehyung.

Taehyung stood infront of Jungkook as if shielding him from Yoongi, Jungkook slowly looked up at the boy as he felt his own cheeks flushing, he felt his heartbeat increasing unnaturally.

Yoongi scoffed as he lifted his other hand to now punch Taehyung, but Taehyung was quick enough to dodge it and punched Yoongi in his stomach instead.

Jimin suddenly gasped as he jumped down and held Yoongi tightly as the latter stumbled back, if not for Jimin he would have hit his back on the wall.

After making sure Yoongi was stable, Jimin's eyes shot up at Taehyung, an unreadable expression appeared on his face as his lips twitched, he shouted, "Kim Taehyung! Are you crazy? Why did you punch him so hard, what if he-"

Jungkook cut him off scoffing, he shouted, "Are you for real right now Jimin? It was Yoongi who attacked ME and when Tae blocked his attack, HE was the one who was trying to attack Tae-"

"But it was YOU who punched Yoongi first, Jungkook!"

"Well that's because he fucking dragged you here Jimin, have you lost your god dammed mind! Me and Tae were-"

"Jungkook don't raise your fucking voice like that while talking to him!" This time it was a furious Yoongi who interrupted him.

Taehyung clenched his fist as he replied in a low yet firm voice, "And what makes you think that you can raise your voice at Jungkook?"

Yoongi scoffed as he glared at the blonde who stood protectively infront of Jungkook. He slowly tried to straighten his body but stumbled a little as his abdomen was suddenly filled with a sharp pain. Jimin quickly rushed to give him a hand as he supported his back.

"Kim Taehyung.." Yoongi began in a low, deep whispher, "Why...why does it always have to be you? Why do you always have to beat me at everything? Was being the favourite child in the family not enough for you? Why do you not even let me protect the boy I..."

Min Yoongi and Kim Taehyung were cousins. Taehyung had always been the favourite child in the family, loved by his grandparents and was envied by his uncles, aunts and cousins. He was the cousin who was always used as the example by everyone for almost everything. He was good at studies, was captain of the swim team and was also the senior class president. What did he not have that would prevent him from being the favourite child.

Yoongi never really cared much about studies, though he was very passionate about basketball. But his parents never left an opportunity to compare him to Kim Taehyung. The constant criticism and comparison made him really dislike the boy.

Jungkook was a bit taken aback from Yoongi's statement, nobody or atleast he, didn't really know Yoongi and Taehyung were cousins. They never really interact in the school so when Jungkook was dared by Yoongi to make Taehyung date him, he was a bit surprised.

He used to think that perhaps Yoongi gave him that near impossible dare because wanted to mess around with Jungkook as Yoongi and Jungkook were sworn enemies. But now he realised, the actual reason of dare had more to do with Taehyung.

Taehyung couldn't help but frown a little upon hearing Yoongi, he never thought of Yoongi as a competition or didn't really dislike him. It made him a little sad that this was the reason Yoongi never really cared to interact with him at the school.

Taehyung was a reserved person who never really reached out to people first. Ever since middle school, he had noticed that Yoongi never really cared to talk to him at school which came off as a surprise to him as Yoongi was one of the most social members of his family. Eventually he realised that Yoongi disliked him but he never really knew the reason.

"Yoongi, I never try to beat to you or be better than you so that I could be the favourite child. I never knew that's what you thought about me. If you would've-"

"Oh shut it Kim Taehyung! I don't wanna hear it" Yoongi shouted as looked away from Taehyung. He knew it, he knew it was not Taehyung's fault, but he didn't wanna except it.

"Yoongi, its not Tae's fault you suck" Jungkook spoke after being unusually quite for a while. His comment took Taehyung aback as he glanced at the boy who now stood on his side. Taehyung smiled at him and gently took the boy's hand in his own, gently giving it a squeeze. Jungkook turned to look at Taehyung, the soft smile on his face made Jungkook's heart ache as he gently withdrew his hand from Taehyung's grasp.

Yoongi chose to ignore the comment made by the boy as he decided the focus on what he was here for in the first place, Jimin. He turned to his side to properly face Jimin.

The boy still had a worried look in his eyes, the look that was enough to melt Yoongi's heart and make him fall him love with the boy all over again. Jimin's hands were still wrapped around Yoongi's waist, Yoongi gently took one of his hands as he gave the boy a soft, comforting smile.

He spoke, "I'm alright now, Ji-" Yoongi stopped mid way, too scared to say the wrong name, he didn't want to make the boy sad again, "it doesn't hurt anymore" He continued.

Jungkook saw something in Yoongi's eyes and he was sure that Taehyung saw it too as both of them glanced at each other giving themselves a knowing look.

But Jimin on the other hand failed to notice, he removed his hands from Yoongi and turned around so that yoongi was now facing Jimin's back.

"I.." Jimin began, trying not to let his voice tremble, he just wanted to run to Yoongi and hug him so tight and confess all his feelings, but he doesn't dare do any of it, not after knowing Yoongi likes someone else.

Someone who's not him.

"I'm alright now, thanks everyone, you should go back I'm going to the next class" He said as he rushed out of there not looking back.

Yoongi couldn't help feel guilty and a but angered by himself. He always made the boy he loved so sad. 'Does he even deserve the boy? Are his feelings of any use when all he gives Jimin is sadness,' he thinks to himself as he casually blinks his eyes to get rid of tears forming in his eyes.