Heading Home

----------------Jay's POV-------------
I'm heading back to Chicago, but it's definitely not my decision. I don't want to go back, go live in an empty apartment, where the love of my life is supposed to be with me. Now because of some stupid guy who we can't even catch, she's gone. I don't even know if she's alive. Part of me hopes she is because I don't want her to be dead, but I kind of do, I can't even imagine what she'll have been through if she is still alive.

DAMN IT I yelled slamming my hands on the top of the bunk

I keep getting lost in my thoughts and I have to be packed in 5 mins

I threw everything in my duffel bag and headed out to where the helicopter was supposed to pick me up.

"Name and dog tag identification" said the flight assistant

"Jay Halstead, I said as I pulled my dog tag out from under my shirt to show him"

"Soldier, strap in and we will be taking off shortly" he said before heading to his designated seat

It felt so wrong to be here, normally I would be sitting in that seat telling my unit what to do but I screwed up big time

Hours passed and I just zoned out, eventually we landed and I thanked the pilot and commander before heading back to my locker. I put in the code, mine and haileys wedding date of course, and grabbed my stuff. My truck was still in its spot, and I got on and started it, as it was winter in Chicago. I don't want to be here, it's pure torture being here without her, the not knowing. The hope, that is always killed at the end of the day. But I decided to just go home and get some sleep before heading to the bar, and figuring what else I could do.

Soon enough I was here, it's like nothing changed, until I unlocked the door and walked in, expecting it to be freezing, because I haven't turned on the heat, but it was surprisingly warm.

Something looked off but I can't place it. Until, I looked toward our bedroom. "Hailey" "Oh my God you're ok" I asked running to her, but she jumped and looked horrified but only a moment later her face lit up and she leaned in to hug me "Jay is it really you" she asked looking up at me

Please vote!! It is so helpfull and seriously please if you have any requests or what you want to happen I would love to include them!! Thanks for all of your support!