Day care center

Hailey joined the Intelligence Unit 4 months ago. And got along great with the whole team, although there were times she questioned Voights moral. She was currently partners and close friends with Jay Halstead.

BEEP! BEEP! ughh, Hailey rolled over, such a beautiful noise to wake up to, she thought. She got up and got dressed in her favorite jeans and a red plaid shirt before pulling up her hair in a high ponytail. She headed into the kitchen and realized she was out of coffee. 7:04 AM, she still had time to get a coffee on the way to work. She grabbed her phone off the charger before heading to her favorite coffee shop.

As she was driving to the coffee shop near the district, a call came over the radio. "This is Disbatch, requesting officers at Sunshine Child Care Center to investigate a possible child in danger."
Hailey debated getting her coffee and then decided she didn't need it held in button on her radio and said, "5021 Henry, Plainclothes officer responding." As she arrived on the scene, She opened the door and approached the front desk.

A lady in a pink romper, with a nametag that said Melinda ran over and explained that she had noticed one of the kids, Charlotte who was normally very talkative and happy, seemed very shut down and wouldn't talk to anyone. "At first, I figured she was just upset about something and brushed it off until a few minutes ago, when It was time to put sunscreen on. And I noticed some bruises on her back, and one was in the shape of a handprint. So I called you

"Ok, how old is she?" Hailey asked
She is 4 turning 5 this month. "Ok, it's a good thing you called. As Hailey asked Melinda to bring the girl out. Her partner Jay showed up, Hailey filled him in, and they called CPS. CPS arrived, but when the girl saw them, she ran and clung to Haileys leg. No one knew why they had never even met before, but she did. Hailey bent down and asked the girl what was wrong. "I miss my mommy," she cried. "Where is your mommy at?" "In New York." She said between sniffles. The two talked back and forth, and Emma told her that a man had picked her up from daycare in New York one day. This is where CPS stepped in and said no more questions detective. We will take it from here.

Jay's POV

Something is up with Hailey. She has barely said two words to me. Looking over, I noticed she was on the verge of crying.
Hailey, what's wrong? I asked she snapped at me to leave her alone.
So I did, deciding to push the subject further when she wasn't so upset.