🧸🟥🟡 haircut

WARNINGS: swearing, mentions of death, ghosts, breakdowns

RELATIONSHIP: brothers

I TALK: I saw a Twitter post, and I don't wanna spoil it but I just want you to know this wasn't my idea but it is my writing 🤭

TOMMY POV

              I stare at myself in the puddle of water, the torches around me giving me a reflection in the water. I pinch a strand of my hair, twisting it between my fingers and huffing. I stand up without the help of my hands (because I'm a big man) and begin my journey across the ravine.

I place my hand on the stone wall, my fingers collecting the grime off the walls as I drag my hand across it while I walk. Once I hear the familiar voice of Wilbur, I peak around the corner to check who he was talking too. "Look, I don't care, Fundy. Just-- you wanted to be a spy, so figure out what to do!" Wilbur snaps at his son a lot. Much more than he does with me. Sometimes that makes me think he doesn't like Fundy much, but then I think back to the old L'manberg days and remind myself he's just stressed.

"A spy journal! Is that good, Wil?" Fundy happily asks. I know that sooner or later Fundy is gonna be just like me. Eventually he won't be happy with the people that shout at him and he won't give them anymore chances.

"Yeah, w-whatever, Fundy. I don't care" Wilbur scoffs, Fundy cheers before rushing off. Wilbur rolls his eyes, ultimately making eye contact with me as I shrink back behind the wall. "Ah.. uh, Tommy" He clears his throat, walking over to me.

"Hi, Wilbur" I greet him.

"Hey.." He shoves his hands into his pockets, looking around before staring at my hair. He takes a hand from his pocket and ruffles my hair. "How about a haircut? Y'know, you gotta look good when we're taking back our country tomorrow, right?" He grins, chuckling when he sees a smile grow on my face.

"You're right! All the ladies will swoon when they see me, Tommyinnit (with a fresh new haircut) fighting Dream (with no new haircut at all)!" I puff up my chest and cross my arms. I quickly follow after Wilbur when I see him walk off. "And, well.. my hair was getting long anyways-- and I never want my hair long because what if it's hot? I don't know how to use a ponytail!" I exclaim. "I don't know how Techno survives with long hair" I look up at Wilbur when he doesn't reply, he's just staring straight ahead. "Wil--?"

"Just over here" He finally speaks again. He's quick to walk ahead of me, he grabs a chair that was tossed in a corner a while back and drags it where he wants me to sit. "Sit down, I'll get my tools ready" He tells me. Wilbur is the only one who cuts my hair, well, he told me that Mumza used to do it but I'm not old enough to remember her. But now Wilbur does it, I like when he cuts my hair because it's the only time he isn't stressed anymore. We can talk normally.

"The chairs covered in mud and grime" I point out, Wilbur looks up from the chest he was digging in. He takes his trenchcoat off and throws it in my face. I almost stumble back from the force, but it falls off my face and into my arms. "Thanks, Wil" I smile, putting it on before sitting down, it was long enough to keep my clothes from getting dirty.