🐋⬜️🟪🔆 nerds

WARNINGS: bullying , mentions of bullying

PRONOUNS: she/her

RELATIONSHIP: friends

KEY: S/N = Staff name

I TALK: their nerdy teens in this so it's just platonic but I think this is gonna be the sweetest and cutest chapter ever 😍

Y/N POV

        I walk on the dirt path leading into the forest-- well, more like a field with some trees, I had my hands in my sweatshirt pocket and I was staring at the ground. I had ran from some bullies and now I was just walking all alone, dangerous, I know. The farther I walk into the field, the longer the grass gets, no one was ever here so I was probably safer than I thought I was.

I stop walking and look down at the hand-sized rock, I kick it over with my foot, watching a few ants crawl out from underneath it. I quickly lift my head at the sound of someone's voice, I look to my right and see a boy in the long grass, he's swinging a stick around and making "swsh" sounds with his mouth.

I stifle back a laugh, he turns his head to me, standing up straight and dropping the stick. "Uhh.. who are you?" He yells to me, I tilt my chin up, staring up at him on the hill.

"I... uhm, Y/N!" I shout back. "You?" I ask. He leans down and picks up his stick before pointing it at me.

"I am Sir William!" He pulls his cape (I didn't know he had on) over his chest with his elbow, kinda like a vampire. Then, he drops it and just stands up straight again. "Why are you in a sweatshirt? It's hot outside" He questions.

I look down at my sweatshirt before looking back at him and shrugging. I tilt my head to the side slightly. "I dunno.. the boys at my school say I'm ugly" I tell him. "So I just wear this because I don't see a point" I add.

Sir William brings a hand above his eyes, pushing his hair up slightly and blocking the sun from his view, though he still squints and scrunches up his face. "Well I think you look fine" He comments. "It doesn't really matter does it?" He asks me.

"I don't know.. maybe it's different for everyone" I shrug again.

He whacks the ground with his stick. "So.. why are you here--? I mean, I've never seen you before and I always come here with my friend Ben" He looks back at me, squinting once again because of the sun behind me.

"I ran away from some bullies.. they threw rubbish at me.." I explain. He slowly walks down the hill, gravity making him stomp his feet against the dirt. "And they threw my school bag in a bin" I add, watching as Sir William stops in front of me.

He looks at the top of my head, lifting his hand and grabbing a wrapper out of my hair. "You have stuff in your hair.." He points out, pocketing the wrapper so he doesn't litter.