Chapter 21: Quality Time

Beginne am Anfang

"Thanks Fry!" She beamed at him.

Taking the tray she sashayed through the dinning area. Alby and Nick watched her past, looks of complete confusion in their faces. She saw Minho and Sonny heading towards her on their way to breakfast.

"Morning MinMin!" She smiled at him. She stopped placingher hand on Sonny's cheek and she raised up in her toes, balancing the tray, she kissed Sonny on the cheek.

"Thank you." She whispered, with a smile.

He smiled down at her, "I'm happy for you." He said quietly.

"Thank you, my dear friend." She patted his chest and continued on her way back to the Med Hut. Minho stood frozen with a look of complete shock and confusion. Alby and Nick and Frypan came and looked at each other confused. They watched as she crouched down and let the lizard scurry up her arm and they heard her laugh. An actually happy laugh that floated across the Glade.

"What...?" Minho started but trailed off with his face scrumbled in confusion.

Sonny just hummed and shoved his hands into his pockets. The guys looked at Sonny who had a knowing smile of amusement on his dark featured face; watching the girl skip across the Glade to the MedHut.

"...you know what happened, don't you!' Minho accused him, folding his arms and glaring at the Bagger.

Alby, Nick and Frypan all turned to look. Sonny didn't take his off off her, her golden hair glowing in the sun, her white dress flouncing around her knees and the spring in her sneakered feet.

"I know." He smiled.

____________________

Evelyn pushed the door open with her hip, balancing the tray of food and coffee. Newt was sitting, propper up in bed, and his face lit up when she walked in the door.

"Hey Jeffy!" She smiled.

"..uh, hey Evy...have a good sleep?" He asked, confused.

Yesterday when he said goodnight she was almost a shell of a person, her eyes were vacant and she just sat at the edge of the bed, wrapped in a blanket. And now...her hair looked like it was made of sunshine and gold, her eyes were bright and sparkled, she had rosy cheeks and a smile on her face.

"Yeah. I did. You?" She asked.

"Uhh, it was fine..?" He replied more like a question.

"That's great!"

She bounced into the other room, leaving Jeff in the main room utterly confused. He turned to watch her for a second, shaking his head. When he saw Newt's face light up he understood, and he smiled to himself and turned back to his work, shaking his head in amusement.

"Hey, ya got the coffee!" Newt grinned. His eyes travelled slowly up Evelyn's body, taking in every detail. His heart speed up, watching her. She was just so...perfect. He loved the dress and the way is spun and twirled with her movements, her sneakers just added that extra that made her just so cute. His stomach felt like it was a wild roller coaster ride as he watch her set the tray down, and let Hephaestus down onto the floor and he climbed out the window. Evelyn passed a mug of coffee over, with a smile.

"I'll grab you your meds. Hold on."

She turned making her dress twirl. A few minutes later she was back. Sitting down on the bed, hip to hip with him. She kicked her sneakers off and her tucked her legs under her. They sat in comfortable silence eating scrambled eggs and bacon. It was difficult for both of them, having not eaten proper food for two almost three weeks.

"I forgot how bloody delicious bacon was!" Newt grinned, eyeing up his next strip.

"Fry always makes the best bacon!" Evelyn said dreamily.