Girl I picked up somewhere

I forgot to put her in the guest room since I was worried about her state. She is a total mess. But she looks pretty with her orange long wavy hair clean and her clothes all new, and clean. I was hungry going home and decided to eat at my fave 24/7 burger joint but since I helped this poor soul, I forgot about it and just slept without eating on my couch in the room. I woke up the next morning and saw that the girl is still asleep. My stomach was growling, so I took a quick shower and cooked eggs, pancakes, stirred glasses of milk and juice to drink for breakfast. It's not a biggy since I learned to cook when I became independent at twenty when I left home.

I called for Dr. Jones to make sure that the girl I saved is alright. My doctor said that she is fine but just exhausted and hungry that's why she collapsed in the street. It's a good thing I saw her and wasn't dragged by addicts and thieves in that area where I took her out. Where could this girl come from? Or does she have family or relatives so I can bring her to their care. But with the looks of it, she is poor and hasn't have any jewelry but a necklace with a photo of a woman and a beautiful woman for that matter. Maybe she's someone close to her, a family member, maybe!

My doctor gave her medicines, some vitamins and antibiotics to help her recover sooner. She has some kind of rash on her left arm and leg which I saw when I was changing her clothes and the doctor wants to make sure they aren't serious why she gave the medication.

Vi checked on the girl's pants and saw an old cellphone and a wallet inside the pockets. The girl has worn out sort of identification card stating that she is Desiree Matibay ('Ma-ti-bai' which means sturdy or strong in English). A Filipino immigrant and a teacher by profession. She is currently working as a maid for a family near the area I saw her at. And there was a guy wearing a hoodie who ran away from her when I arrived with my beaming lights catching him with her. He was on top of the girl and was about to touch her when I shouted out to him. Oh, God, he was trying to snatch her bag maybe and threw it somewhere. It's a good thing I showed up right in time to save her. Wow! So she is a maid. I can help her and maybe she would want to work for me. A teacher but worked as a servant girl. Poor thing!, I thought while looking at the sad state of this pretty girl. Aha!, pretty! Uhm! Where did that come from? Of course I love women and I adore them just as I adore cars and my life. I am an American citizen and my parents are borne Californians. My sister married an Italian and my brother, a Puertorican. So maybe me, a Filipina, someday. Haha, in my dreams!. I won't settle for a maid though. But well, I don't look down on people though I dislike Filipinos with their weird language and there were so many news roaming around the net about them, like they are plain gold diggers, housemaids, shoplifters, thieves and low lives or uneducated. But this girl, Desiree is a teacher, so maybe, the rumours about Filipinos are not true. Okay! where should I start looking, for her parents or family, maybe. Yeah! So I ordered Frank to look for Desiree's relatives and soon found them on line, since her dad is an employee of a car shop and her mom is a nurse assistant at Dr. Jones' clinic. What a coincidence, that's why Dr. Jones gave almost cried when she checked her up earlier. Why didn't she say anything? Hmm! Maybe she didn't want to pry and it's none of my business anyway about Desiree's personal life. I still couldn't get a hold of the number Frank gave me so I told him to get a nurse to take care of the girl and I will find Desiree's family right away for them to know what happened to her.

I found a little apartment at South Bronx. The building where her family's staying is old and almost falling apart. Yaiks! I think I'm scared to take the old elevator, what if it stops right in the middle of the floors, I'm sure I'd die of suffocation. The stingy smells of puke and all make me want to turn around. Ahh... if not for the girl I saved I wouldn't do this. I need to make sure that her family gets a good home and place to stay in for a while. Frank, hey! Can you look for a nice apartment for me near my condo-minium downtown. I want her family to stay there for a while just to make sure they're safe and sound. Haha, sure! Really, I would bet on your team then!. Okay, I'll hand the money tomorrow, thanks. About the apartment, make sure they won't know I got them that. Just tell them, their daughter sends her regards and that she's okay working with the a new client in New York. I won't meet them now, maybe some other time. Yeah! I, am this address, just check my message and visit them as soon as possible.