Chapter XIX: I'm Sorry

"Has he woken up since that night?" 

"No, Mr. Edgeshot. Not once, it's been a couple of days now. He must have a coma."

He clenched his fist, "Damn it... how did this happen? Weren't you supposed to watch him?" He took his eyes off Sasuke's body, and turned to Tenten with a firm look.

She tensed up a bit, "I went to his room to make sure he was sleeping, but he was already gone when I got there. I tried to move as fast as I could, and I found him... but by the time I got there, he was beaten. Thankfully, I (along with a few classmates) was  able to save him... But the two villains we were hunting managed to get away." She rubbed her arm.

Edgeshot's expression eased, "Sorry... That was unfair of me. I should have been around anyway instead of out of the city. I could have got there the fastest."

"Mr—"

"It's fine, so just how bad is it?"

"There's a fracture in his right leg, internal bleeding, 6 broken ribs, and some pieces of bones stabbing his organs. The broken bones have been removed already and the bleeding has stopped. His bones are already healing. The main issue is just that he hasn't woken up. Also, he'll need his sword replaced too."

Edgeshot shook his head, "Who else knows about this?" 

"As for what actually happened, only me and a couple of Sasuke's friends know what happened. Although for the cover-up, the police outside know. And I imagine Class 1A will find out soon if they don't already know."

"You made a cover-up? Why?" He tilted his head.

"One of Sasuke's friends told me that Sasuke would be expelled if the school knew that he tried to track down the villains on his own."

"Really?"

"Yeah, their teacher is pretty... cut-throat... speaking of her, there's something I gotta tell her." They both left the room.

Once out of the room, they both heard footsteps and turned to see Mina in a casual get-up. "Hey there."

"Hi, Mina."

Mina stopped, "Woah! Sasuke's teacher, Edgeshot! Wow, you're... a little shorter than I expected."

Edgeshot winced and Mina giggled, "I'm only joking. It's nice to meet you. Sasuke was training directly under you before he ended up like this right?" 

Edgeshot tensed a little, "Yeah... that's right. Listen—" 

Mina bowed her head and took on a serious expression, "Thank you for teaching Sasuke so much. I heard about some of his training, if you didn't do all that for him he probably wouldn't have survived at all, so thank you!" 

Edgeshot blinked, "Oh... Yeah uh, you're welcome."

"I'll be right back." 

Mina went into the room and Edgeshot sighed in relief, "I thought she'd start blaming me for not watching him well enough."

"No, that's more of a you thing to do, Mr. Edgeshot." She garnered a sly smile.

Edgeshot rubbed the back of his head, "I said sorry..."

"Hehehe, I know it's ok. I'm gonna talk to Ashido now," she waves as she walks off to Sasuke's room. She creaks the door open to see Ashido leaning on the side of the bed with her head down; Tenten slowly approaches, "Ashido?"

"Huh? Yeah?" She pokes her head up and Tenten hands her a phone. "Sasuke's phone? What am I supposed to do with this?"

"In that phone, there's a... Text that was sent to Sasuke that pertains to you... Tell me," Tenten leans down and stares at her, "Just how much do you want to be involved with the operation this is developing into?"