Chapter XVIII: Mission Successful

Deidara drew his right hand back as a clay bomb was molded, "You were strong for a fifteen-year-old, but we AGHHHHH–"

Acid splashed Deidara's entire arm and ate through the flesh as the clay bomb dissolved. "AHHHH DAMN IT SHIT! WHAT IS THIS?!" 

Sasori gritted his teeth as his eyes darted between Deidara and Sasuke, "Damn it, I'll finish it! Nomu!"

The Nomu dashed toward Sasuke, but was blown back by a mass of dark purple energy shaped like a bird. 

Three figures landed in front of Sasuke; Sasuke's faded eyes lazily looked up at them, 'Tenten... Tokoyami... Mina.' His eyes shut as he lost consciousness. 

Mina looked back at Sasuke and she covered her mouth and gasped. 

"Ashido, pay attention to the enemy!"

"But he looks so..."

"I know! It's bad but he'll live! I need you both to cover me while I take care of Sasuke! I'll join you right after!"

"... Got it!"

"Yes ma'am!"

The two students held tense expressions before closing the distance between them and the enemy. Deidara and Sasori backed up, and Deidara tried to stop cringing as the burns eased. He looked at the bubbling discolored mess of his arm and snarled at Mina, "That little pink bitch... Agh! I'll... I'll torture her to death!"

Deidara's right arm hung limp while he made clay with his left; he threw some bombs at her, but she met them with acid globs that suppressed the explosions. "What the hell?!"

"How dare you do that to Sasuke?! You're not getting away with this!" Mina slid on acid close to him and held a hand back as acid seeped out of her palm. Her mind flashed back to a time when she was five. She was being pulled away by teachers from a kid curled up on the ground. She thought, 'I was taught to suppress the acid I use on people, but this guy...' Her face contorted into a glare, 'After what this guy did to Sasuke, he deserves the worst acid I can give him!'

The acid boiled and she splashed him with it like a shotgun; in response, he quickly made a clay shield that couldn't block it all. He instinctively threw off his cloak as it burned through the fabric instantly, and backed up more. 'This isn't looking good, Hm. My right arm is gonna look nasty after all this, and I don't think I could make much more clay.'

Over where Sasuke was, Tenten laid out her largest scroll, placing one hand on Sasuke, and another on the scroll. Her nose scrunched at the smell of copper. She felt a pool of blood where she placed her hand; her lips tensed as Sasuke was put inside the scroll. 'With how much blood he lost, he's on death's door. It's a good thing I can put people in my scrolls, or I'm not sure he'd even make it to a hospital bed.'

She put the scroll on her back and turned towards the fight. 'Since Sasuke's led us to them already, I'd like to finish the job. We've been trying to find them forever now anyway, and I have my own score to settle.'

Tokoyami was faced by the Nomu and Dark Shadow clashed with it before being knocked back. "Silver Tornado! If the lights are taken out, I believe I can be of a lot more use! Although I may not be able to control myself afterward!"

"That's ok, go wild! I'll take care of it!" Tenten threw kunai at the floodlights. The place was once again dimly lit, and Tokoyami let loose as Dark Shadow enveloped him. Sasori looked up as Dark Shadow quickly dwarfed both the Nomu and Sasori in size.

Sasori's eyes became dinner plates, "God dammit." Tokoyami swiped wildly at the Nomu and crushed it into a wall. The Nomu left an imprint, and there were deep claw marks that took out most of its torso. It slowly regenerated and jumped back at Dark Shadow, 'The boss really should have given us a stronger Nomu, this thing's healing is slowing down! The quirks of kids these days are absurd!'