Chapter 22: Happiness and Daffodil

Start from the beginning

The darkness welcomed me with open arms and started to consume me.

'I'm tired. What's the point anyways?' I thought to myself.

"Lloyd... Lloyd you got to get up."

'Great, I'm hearing voices now.'

"Lloyd," I felt something on my cheek. Something warm and bright. I looked up to see a glowing person. "Lloyd, my grandson."

My eyes widened at what he said. Suddenly all the pain I was feeling disappeared and the light from the FSM lightened up our surroundings. I felt grass instead of cold darkness underneath me and sunlight instead of nothing. I saw clear, beautiful sky instead of pure darkness. 

"The First Spinjitzu Master..." I muttered under my breath as he helped me sit up.

"Lloyd, it's been a long time since we've seen each other. Last time we saw each other, you were only around 50 years old," FSM said warmly.

"60, not 50... grandpa," I corrected him.

"Now your around 3000 years old?"

"I don't know honestly. I lost count after 1293 years old," I said as I looked around. I was now in a place where there were floating islands with yellow flowers that I guessed was daffodil. 

"I remember you loved daffodil when you were younger," my grandpa explained when he noticed me stare at the yellow flower. "Did you know that daffodil represents a new beginning?"

I shook my head as I gently touched one that hasn't bloomed yet. I noticed that it was the only one that hasn't bloomed yet in this island.

"Why isn't this bloomed yet?" I asked.

"Every flower in this island represents every new beginning of  one person, Lloyd. While the other flowers in the other island represents what the flower represents for another person. This is the realm of belief after all."

"Realm of Belief? I thought that was just an empty void?" I asked as I recalled what his uncle and dad was talking about centuries ago.

"Oh it was an empty void. Until a specific person came along and started to create this realm into something else."

"Who?" I tilted my head.

"You, Lloyd. You created this place. This island is your island."

"What!?" I yelled as I stood up, turning back to my grandfather.

"Of course, it was very chaotic at first. But after a while with some help from me, it started to become... well this," he said as he waved to the other islands behind him, "Your power has grown."

"Grown to cause me all sorts of pain," I muttered under my breath.

"I know that you don't exactly love your power, Lloyd. It had brought you pain and suffering," He said as he place his hand on my shoulders.

"You got that right. Because of that power, I can't love anyone. I can't feel that emotion anymore no matter how much I want to because of the curse that power has brought me! I can't go near anyone or love anyone or they will pay the price!" I exclaimed, getting out of my grandfather's grip, tears pouring down my face.

"What else does the world want from me? I gave up everything for the world! I gave up being with people I love no matter how many times the world threw at me! I did everything they asked, I did everything you asked! I helped multiple generations of ninjas in the shadows, I balanced the good and evil whenever there was no evil by becoming the evil! I even went back and pushed my feelings for my family aside to keep them and the world safe! What else do you want from me!?"