Chapter 281 - 290

page
collect
Table of contents
set up
dark night
  The previous earthquake and the cracking of the mountain directly split the research institute on the 'top floor' into two parts. Not only were all the mutated creatures brought back from the outside gone, but even the instruments and data placed in the research institute fell into the gap. .

  In the end of the world, although instruments are precious, they are not impossible to obtain, but once the data is gone -

  the professor team at the H City base will be almost completely paralyzed.

  Some time ago, Professor Pei had been worrying about these things a lot. He wanted to get the instruments first and see if he could find a way to recover the data. After all, some things were backed up, but one natural disaster followed another. Come, the instruments cannot be shipped, and the data cannot be recovered -

  they can do nothing at this moment, they can only watch from the sidelines.

  But to be honest, things are not so bad that they are desperate. After all, not only the entire Blue Star, but the whole of China is experiencing this disaster at the same time.

  As long as the satellite communication is not interrupted, the H City base cannot do research. Other bases can do research and share the news -

  but the problem now is that after waiting for a week, no results have been received.

  The result was no. The green vegetables that had been frosted in the fields could still only be left hanging with frost. I didn’t know if there was any problem with the land, and I didn’t know if the land could continue to be planted. What’s more, the plants and them at the moment were not It's the same as when I left, nothing has changed.

  ...

  The frost is not over yet, people are panicking and the heat is coming so quickly that they can’t even hide their ears.

  After the base detected an abnormality early in the morning, it announced the incident on the radio, reminding everyone that the extreme heat was coming, prepare summer necessities in advance, and do not leave the base or go for a walk on the ice.

  I thought I would have to wait for another two days, but who knew that it was still 30 degrees below zero in the morning, but it rose directly to above zero in the afternoon.

  In the first five minutes, the temperature quickly rose from minus 30 degrees to 0 degrees, and then in half an hour, it quickly rose from zero to 39 degrees.

  The temperature here is a full 70 degrees. People in the base have heaters, which adjust themselves according to the temperature. No one noticed any reaction at all. On the contrary, the temperature varied too much in a short period of time, and several alarms were issued. But it was not damaged.

  Within half an hour, the slippery ice surface that could not be cleaned before quickly turned into water and flowed down the mountain. There were "clicking" sounds on the ice surface one after another. Everyone knew that the high temperature had caused the ice surface to crack. It won't be long before the floods come again.

  There is nothing wrong with the people in the base for the time being, but the people outside are just afraid that

  few people's bodies can withstand this extreme temperature.

  ...

  Lan Jin and the others came to the entrance of the base and looked down desperately with the binoculars handed over by Brother Zhang. However, they were blocked by the branches on the mountain and could not see the face of the mountain at all.