56. Unmerry Christmas

Start from the beginning

'That's private.' Harry hissed through a panting breath.

'Not to me,' Severus told him 'and not to the dark lord, if you do not improve.' Severus informed him. 

"Mama why is Harry screaming?" Amelia rubbed at her eyes. 

''Every memory he has access to he can use against you. He wouldn't last two seconds if he invades your mind.' severus told him 'you're just like your father. Lazy. Arrogant.'

'SEVERUS!" Avalon demanded as she moved to Amelia.

"He has to learn." Severus corrected.

''Don't say a word against my father!' Harry demanded

'Weak''

''I am not weak!' Harry told him.

'Severus stop it." Avalon begged. 

''Then prove it!' Severus shouted 'control your emotions, discipline your mind.''

'Severus!'

'its alright Avalon,' harry told her. 'I can do this.'

'see...' severus told her. Harry readied himself. 'legitimis!' Severus shouted again accessing Harry's mind very easily. 'Very vulnerable, disappointing.'

'Stop it!' Harry panted out.

"Teach him how to block it!" Avalon shouted. Amelia covered her ears. 

''Is this what you call control?''

''We've been at it for hours if I could just rest?' Harry suggested.

''yes, a break!' Avalon agreed giving harry some water. 'its late and everyone is tired, I'm tired of yelling at you and harry is tried of you weaseling into his head!' Avalon declared.

''The dark Lord isn't resting,' Severus informed them, he pulled Avalon aside.

'severus please, hes just a kid, this is too much pressure.'' Avalon pleaded.

'their minds are linked. There is no getting around it. He needs to focus.' Severus told her, brushing a gentle hand against her cheek pushing her hair out of her eyes.

'severus...' he was right though. If the dark lord had a connection then he really was in danger. 

"I have to be mean, I have to push him to make him work. hugs and motivation won't fix this." Severus reminded her. "I know I'm being mean, I didnt want you to see this side of me." Severus reminded her. "But here it is. I have to keep pushing though, please understand my love... you know I'm right.' Severus told her softly.

'I just wish it was anyone else.' Avalon murmured. 

'I know you care for him but he needs a strict hand, it's the only way he is going to learn.' Severus told her.

"I know you miss her," Avalon whispered. "When you see him you... think about her." Severus face turned down. 

"I havent loved her in a long time." Severus corrected. 

"Taking it out on him isn't going to get them back." Avalon whispered. 

"Are you reading my mind love? Because you are doing a poor job." Severus mused. "I dont miss her, I dont think about her. I see a lot of his father in him and it makes me mad." Severus admitted.  'but the dark lord has access to his mind. His mind. He could destroy him from the inside out. This is for his protection.' Severus reminded her, he kissed her forehead before turning back to harry.

'are we done?' harry questioned looking to Avalon.

"I'm going to put Amelia back to bed." Avalon countered heading off. 

''you would like him, two of a kind sentimental children continually whining about how bitterly unfair your life is, always whining about lost love... oh well it may have escaped your notice but life isn't fair, you're blessed father knew that in fact he frequently-' severus began as soon as Avalon was gone.

''My father was a great man!' harry told him. Severus grabbed him by the collar of his jacket pushing him down

''Your father was swine. Legiti-''

''Protego!' Harry shouted entering severus mind

He saw a lonely boy in his final years of Hogwarts

'Snape! Expeliamus!'

''Nice one james' remus said.

'Imperamenta!' severus rose from the ground, flying.

'Dad?' harry questioned confused.

'All right who wants to see me take off snivelers his trousers?' a young James question as his friends rallied behind him.

''Enough!' Severus declared. He grabbed Harry by the collar ''your lessons are at an end. Get out.' he demanded slowly releasing him, Harry rushed out. Severus stumbled back against the desk Avalon rushed to his side.

''Sevy?'' Avalon whispered kneeling beside him, he looked up to her. 'what did he see?' severus didn't answer just hugged Avalon close. "Well I'm going to remember this christmas for a long time." 

"An unmerry Christmas indeed."