Chapter 14

“Next, Next, we will announce the first place trainee."

After the first episode aired, the next thing we had to do was film the first ranking announcement ceremony.

I was exhausted from the boring and needlessly long ranking announcement ceremony, so i stayed with Lee Hwa-young until the end.

The trainees i had already made a mark on were sitting in the top ranking seats, and i was waiting for the first place name to be called on a metal chair under the stage without any tension.

“This trainee is a trainee who enjoyed so much attention that a huge number of articles were published even before his appearance on the program. Not only did he become a hot topic, he showed outstanding skills on the rating stage and proudly climbed to S rank.”

“I have no idea who it is based on that description.”

The trainees sitting in the back were whispering. That's what I meant.

It was a comment that had no clue meaning at all since it applied to both Lee Hwayoung and me. I guess it's just to fill the space.

“.....”

'You bastard, it's okay to say something.'

I glanced at Hwayoung Lee and saw that he was lazily leaning back against the backrest and watching the MC with his legs crossed. After the broadcast aired, there seemed to be a lot of negative comments pointing out Lee Hwa-young's arrogant attitude, but he was not at all intimidated.

When the trainees around him asked if he was okay, he answered exactly like this.

— I don't listen to vulgar words.

His remarks were additionally released on YouTube's broadcasting channel and seemed to become a hot topic on social media.

Lee Hwa-young's confident attitude received a lot of criticism, but it was accepted by the majority of the public and he was already enjoying great popularity. He was a typical star who drove everyone crazy.

“The No. 1 trainee at the first ranking announcement ceremony is trainee Han Seung-beom!”

While I was analyzing Lee Hwa-young, my name was called.

‘Aaaah! First place! Of course!'

I swear I wasn't nervous at all. I was never analyzing Lee Hwa-young to maintain my sanity.

“And second place is trainee Lee Hwa-young. Trainees Hsn Seung-beom and Lee Hwa-young, please come up on the stage.”

There is no defeat in my life. Especially if it has something to do with stardom. My hands were a little sweaty, but I think it was because the day was a little hot.

However, it would be unlucky for a guy who hasn't even debuted yet to be arrogant, so i covered my mouth with both hands and slowly stood up, as if i was happy. My face felt a little hot. It seemed like the production crew worked hard to turn on the heater.

"Really?"

I put a hand on my forehead as if I couldn't believe it, and hugged trainees whose names I couldn't even remember. Then Doyuda, who had already been called third place, clapped with his eyes glazed over. Uh huh.

“Seungbeom, congratulations.”

Woo Kang-won, sitting in 6th place, was just smiling happily.

“Trainee Han Seung-beom first became a hot topic with the nicknames ‘CSAT test guy’ and ‘Jo Myeong-nam’ and attracted attention for his outstanding beauty. In addition to his outstanding beauty, he also took on the role of center for 77 trainees with his perfect skills and leadership, and was even shown to lead the trainees well, earning the nickname ‘Captain Han’.”