Chapter 4

“Auntie, what do you mean?”

“You’re not Seungbeom.”

I initially denied it, but the answer came right away.

Could it be that she noticed that his attitude was so different from that of Han Seung-beom? That thought occurred to me because of the strange reaction of Han Seung-beom's family, but I knew that that alone was not enough to notice.

'Except for this woman, Han Seung-beom's family didn't even notice that I wasn't Han Seung-beom.'

I suppressed my doubts and asked the question again.

“Did you notice anything strange?”

"No? It was fine, like a normal high school student. You're good at acting. Although your expression is a bit blunt.”

The woman resting her chin spoke as if it was no big deal. When I frowned openly, the woman laughed.

“It’s really funny because my nephew has such a bad expression on his face. Why, didn't anyone else notice it besides me?”

“…When I laughed, the atmosphere in my family felt strange.”

As he said that, a different emotion flashed across the face of the woman who had been smiling the whole time.

The woman was sad.

“I don’t think you noticed. There’s no way those people could have noticed Seungbeom’s change.”

“......”

“I don’t mind if it continues like that. No one but me will know about Seungbeom’s changes. Maybe I didn’t even notice.”

'Maybe you didn't notice?'

As I sat crookedly waiting for an explanation, the woman who had been fiddling with the handle of her mug opened her mouth again.

“I decided not to be sad even if the day comes when Seungbeom suddenly disappears.”

“You’re speaking as if you foresaw Han Seung-beom’s disappearance.”

Something was strange.

There was no way that an ordinary person could immediately understand such a ridiculous resurrection.

“Do you know something?”

“Haha, I can’t tell you! It just give me a headache when i think about it.”

“.....”

“Ahahaha!”

As I looked at her with disillusioned eyes, the woman held her stomach and laughed like a crazy person. It may look like she's smiling, but he feels a strange coldness.

This woman really seemed to know something.

'It didn't seem like she had any intention of telling me.'

“But it would be too harsh to not tell you anything. Let me tell you a little about that family. If you stayed in that house, you would have felt it too, right? That house is not normal. The child always wanted to run away.”

“Running away?”

The woman nodded.

“I am Seungbeom’s biological mother’s younger sister. The woman in that house is the person Seungbeom’s father remarried.”

I rested my chin and thought of Seungbeom Han’s mother.

'So that's why.'

It was not common for a mother to neglect her eldest child, a senior in high school, and die because she was busy picking up her younger son from academy school.