Chapter 22

"Nicholas, do you have any complains?"

The usual cute atmosphere was gone, and there was a bloody expression, just like when he dealt with Hayato Yamada.

Despite everyone's attention, Lee Dan-bi stood there without moving.

"No?"

Lee Hwa-young looked down at the child and smiled in interest, then tilted his head and said.

It was strange.

Lee Hwa-young, who would be in the most moody mood in the current situation, was fine.

Rather, should I say that he feel better than when he was in first place?

"Is that so? Thank you for answering."

Lee Dan-bi turned around and looked back at the trainees who were pouring out words of resentment at me, as if he wasn't interested in what Lee Hwa-young said in the first place.

"The person you regret the most right now is saying that you have no complaints, but you say a lot. Anyone who sees it would think he threatened the subscribers with a knife to vote for Han Seung-beom."

"....."

"Those who show a good stage get good results. Isn't this obvious?"

It was a word that struck a chord.

In any case, subscribers freely voted for the trainees they thought did the best. It means that no special pressure was exerted, whether it was from a large entertainment company or not.

Rather, if there was a problem with the method of the on-site evaluation team, the evaluation of subscribers was a fairly valid method other than the method and order of presentation.

"And if you have something to say, come forward and say it proudly. No matter who is at fault, it is cowardly to curse behind their backs."

"......"

As the trainees, who were speechless, quietly lowered their heads, Lee Dan-bi jumped to my side cheerfully again.

"Cool! Brother! Congratulations on your 1st place. I think hyung is the most suitable for the position."

As the atmosphere was settled with Danbi Lee's remarks, Hajun Yang glanced down at the prompter as if he was about to proceed.

"Hmm..."

Yang Ha-joon, who confirmed the production team's comments, scratched the nape of his neck with a shy smile as if embarrassed.

"... Trainee Han Seung-beom! Other trainees are reacting a little badly. Is there anything in particular you want to say?"

The producers seemed to be enjoying themselves as they created this situation. I don't know if it's because I have less remorse because I borrowed Yang Ha-joon's words.

Several cameras turned toward my face with the momentum not to miss even the smallest expression of emotion. And everyone silently watched me.

"No, how in this situation."

I blocked the muzzle of Danbi, who was about to activate again.

"....."

What should i say..

What are viewers and producers expecting?

'I'm sure they want to show a shrinking or apologetic appearance.'

The scene they wanted was roughly guessed.

However, the image I will build in the future is different.

Why is it difficult for idols from trainee survival programs to become great with their main job?

It is because the program itself, where all of the trainee days are exposed, exposes the artist's weaknesses to the world.

What parts are lacking, how they look before getting a camera massage, and what personality flaws they have.

The secret to the program's growth is the stark appearance of a celebrity that is rarely seen, but in the long run, it was poison for idol activities.

Because people envy a genius with natural talent rather than a brilliant growth, and a naturally rich person rather than a self-made man.

So I never apologize in front of the camera. Doesn't show a depressed look.

"Trainee Han Seung-beom?"

At Yang Ha-joon's urging, he grabbed the microphone and placed it near his mouth.

“It doesn’t bother me. There is no need for that.”

And after giving a short answer, he immediately returned the microphone to the production crew as if there was nothing worth saying.

I'm a capable and busy man, so I don't have time to pay attention to the sound of flies. So that these nuances can be felt without adding or subtracting.

"Wow, isn't that cool?"

Yang Ha-joon, who smiled and rolled his eyes at my answer, made a joke that was not in the script.

"Yes, that's how Han Seung-beom is."

Woo Kang-won nodded and said.

"Charge... Just look good! Don't be mentally handsome!"

"i envy you!"

The trainees who had a friendly relationship with me to some extent and who hadn't gone down in rankings with the plus subscriber vote helped me with a word or two.

The production team ordered Yang Ha-joon to continue, as if they thought they had pulled out enough scenes to make viewers feel cathartic.

Yang Ha-joon nodded and greeted while reading the scheduled comment.

"Now, let's wrap up the announcement of the first contest. Trainees, thank you all for your hard work."

If there were many problems like this, there were many, and if it was easy, the first contest was finished.

* * *

Moving to the inn, we simply satisfied our hunger at the canteen. Dinner was provided, so there was no need to come to the store, but the growing children complained that they were hungry, so I had no choice but to come out.

"I understand your feelings, but you don't have to step out like that next time, okay?"

And I, who had no interest in food, was nagging Lee Danbi about the situation.

However, contrary to my expectations, Lee Dan-bi maintained a self-reflection-like attitude.

“I’ll probably do that again next time. It's just my personality. I can’t leave without saying something.”

“I know, but if you give too much editing, it’s only going to be difficult for you.”

"I'm not having a hard time."

“If it goes on air, people might criticize it.”

"It's okay!"

"No."

A silent standoff continued. Lee Dan-bi, who was pouting his lips in dissatisfaction, shoved a hot bar into his mouth and spoke.

"Hyung, do you know how to avoid swearing less even if I say everything I want to say?"

"... well."

Are you asking me, who has the most swearing experience in Korea?

I had to hold it for an hour and talk.

“You are saying the right thing. There is nothing to refute.”

Perhaps he thought I was not answering because I had nothing to say, Lee Dan-bi gave his own answer confidently.

"I said the right thing today. So it's okay."

"It's not fine."

"I mean, I'm already protecting myself the best way I can. If I had stayed still, I would have been so uncomfortable that I couldn't even sleep. I hate that more than being criticized."

"....."

Having said that, there was nothing more I could add.

Adults have nothing to say when children are too smart.

He sighed deeply, opened a can of soda, and placed it in the child's hand.

"But if something happens later that you can't handle, be sure to ask for help from those around you. Don't try to solve it alone."

"Yes, I will promise!"

Perhaps sensing the end of the nagging, Lee Dan-bi laughed and stood up. I understood enough, so it seemed to me to stop talking.

"Everyone did a great job."

"Seung-beom hyung worked the hardest! Go in and get some rest."

After leading the members and rushing toward the elevator, there was a yellow sign.

[Elevator under repair. Use the stairs.]

"....."

"....."

The store where we were located was on the 1st basement floor, and the room was on the 4th floor.

"Do we really have to go up the stairs to the 4th floor?"

"I guess so."

"... Nothing works."

It's hard to believe that the hotel's elevator broke down at a time when my stamina was all gone.

We were stuck climbing the emergency stairs where the lights weren't even on properly.

"Heh, heo!"

"Don't breathe in my ears! Creepy!"

"It's narrow, what can I do? Would you like to go to the side?"

I was able to reach the doorway when I climbed the stairs to the sound of children's grumbling. We stood in the small space in front of the door and breathed heavily.

"Today was really hard, how could this be!"

There were six people standing around, so the seats were cramped. However, the light from the sensor-equipped light was so weak that it was impossible to see under your feet unless you were in front of the doorway.

'Clean air. please.'

The air is already bad, so I don't know why the entrances are all closed.

Is it because it's winter?

"Danbi, open the door quickly."

“Oh, the lights are off so I can’t see the doorknob. Seungbeom hyung! Just wave your hand on the back once.”

Among the members, Jen was the tallest, but the child pointed at me as if he couldn't understand Korean well.

"wait for a sec."

The moment you try to shake your hand while standing on tiptoe.

Tuk.

Someone's hand pushed my shoulder back.

"... uh?"

Right behind it was a long, steep staircase.

It felt familiar.

The feeling of falling from a high place.

The moment my body was pushed down the stairs, my head started spinning like a flash.

The hand that shook my body belonged to a C-class trainee.

It seems that he was a trainee belonging to an independent agency set up by an employee of RH Entertainment.

'XX, that was stupid! I'm distracted by Nagi Zen!'

If I had to say my fault, it was that I was complacent.

The first complacency was that I did not realize that I was a strong person who dreamed about Kang Hyuk-woo every night and gnashed my teeth.

— If you want to debut even a little bit, mix in with people and push him off the stairs. Break off at least one limb. you know what i mean, a person someone who wants to become a celebrity and won't make unnecessary headlines.

The second complacency was that he thought lightly of how Kang Hyuk-woo had eliminated competitors,

— He's going to be big. If you debut through this program, you will ride the flow and reach the top. If our company wants to win, we have to break it now. Even if I die, I will never see SU Entertainment go on a winning streak.

The third complacency was the misunderstanding that I had cut off Kang Hyuk-woo's constant gaslighting on the trainees.

— If a pathetic guy like you wants to debut, at least one spot must be left empty in order to have a chance. If you drop Han Seung-beom, I will definitely make you debut in our company. Instead, if he walks around unscathed, you'll never debut. okay?

On the morning of entering the Lucky Center, I would have thought that the very subtle conversation that I heard was really Kang Hyuk-woo's.

It was deja vu.

I definitely felt this way when I fell off the building.

'It's done.'

What I instinctively felt was that if I fell from here, I wouldn't end up simply breaking a limb.

I hurriedly tried to reach out my arms to the railing, but I couldn't reach it.

"Oh, no!"

After speaking, i closed my mouth.

Because I'm an idol.

'foot.'

"brother!"

The faces of the members who saw my body leaning completely into the thick darkness were filled with fear. Even the face of the C-rank trainee who pushed me away showed a look of bewilderment.

I guess so. My body must have been pushed a lot more than I expected.

The trainee wasn't some kind of assassin, so there was no way he could even cause moderate harm.

'You crazy Kang Hyuk-woo bastard!'

Of course, that bastard wouldn't have considered the aftermath.

The moment I closed my eyes and crouched down to cover my head, I heard a strange cry.

"Lida! I will protect you!"

What, is he again?

[PRN/S: LEE HWAYOUNG'S NAME IN ENGLISH IS NICHOLAS, AND LEE DANBI'S ETHAN, HOPE YOU GUYS WON'T FORGET. SINCE SOMETIMES I DON'T HAVE A TIME TO CORRECT THE NAMES HUHU.]