Chapter 7

“No matter what, it’s only been two months, but if a friend like this debuts, the other trainees will feel a great sense of loss.”

He drew a sharp line with a felt-tip pen on the paper with my profile written on it. I kept my nose focused on the profile the entire time I was on stage, and I knew it would be like that. He looked at the trainee experience first and had no intention of even watching the stage properly.

2 months is cute, right?

'I can't say it's been ten years, junior.'

“Become an actor or a model. What did you come out here to do?”

Vocalist Seezy, who was sitting next to him, winked at the other trainers with a face that said, ‘Why is this guy like this?’ Haneul, a member of the girl group who was sitting next to her, closed her eyes tightly and shook her head.

“If you have something to say, say it.”

Asking me to talk in such a cold atmosphere meant completely stepping on my pride.

My stomach was boiling.

It is not acceptable for a junior to dare to talk back to a senior's evaluation. Moreover, the relationship between trainee and trainer was even worse. Directly refuting a negative evaluation could have resulted in a stubbornly unfavorable image depending on the editing.

'Because Korea is crazy about Confucianism.'

There was also a way to bring sympathy to the public by pulling out tears. However, although he was able to attract immediate fandom, his pitiful and weak image could be imprinted on the public.

'An exemplary answer would be best.'

“We will do our best to show you a good performance next time.”

He spoke calmly in a gentle tone and bowed his head. I understand what you're saying, so my intention was to tell you to shut up now.

Then Freak snorted.

“No, not that formal answer. Please answer my question. Didn't you hear it?”

… This bastard, really.

Doyuda was holding his fingertips together with a face like, ‘That guy, I don’t think I can do that.’ My heart was pounding in my chest, worried about what I might do.

“…...”

If it were me in a past life, if someone tried to persuade me, I would have jumped out of my seat and jumped at the chance, saying I would use my skills to get ahead. But this life was different. I realized that such a response ultimately contributed to my bored speech, and Han Seung-beom did not seem to be prone to a violent attitude.

The angle of opening the eyes, the tone of voice, the posture of holding the microphone, all of it had to be without a single mistake.

“… I am."

I suppressed my anger and opened my mouth.

“I don’t think that being an actor or a model is something you can do just by looking good. Of course, I am truly grateful for the compliments I receive, but I know the hard work my seniors who are currently working on have put in, so I know that this is not a job I can talk about lightly.”

You dared to ignore the efforts and achievements of your seniors in the same industry.

“I have been consistently practicing with the goal of becoming an idol long before I became a trainee, and that goal has not changed even now.”

My experience cannot be compared to the trainee period on my profile.

"That's why I didn't settle for the compliments of the other trainers, and I carefully thought about what part of our stage the Trainer Freak felt was lacking."