Chapter 127: Set a Trap

Start from the beginning

Yaoying laughed lightly: "Previously, when the Buddha's son was in urgent need of water anise, the general himself went to the Northern Rong to ask for my dowry. Didn't Wakhan Khan promise to return the dowry on the spot, and even reprimanded Haidu Aling?"

Bisha rubbed his chin and said, "Correct."

Yaoying said with certainty, "If other princes had taken my dowry and the general had gone to the Northern Rong to ask for it, Wakhan Khan would not have agreed to return the dowry so easily."

Bisha recalled the day and nodded: "Indeed, Wakhan Khan was very polite to me, and even scolded Haidu Aling in public..."

His eyes lit up and he laughed lightly into his palm.

"Wakhan Khan is using our Royal Court to deliberately suppress Haidu Aling!"

The Northern Rong worshipped the strong, barbaric, and uncivilized. It was not uncommon for the Khan's throne to change hands within a day. Whoever was strongest could become the new Khan and the same was true between father and son, brother and brother. Thus, familial affection in the royal family was thin. Whenever an old Khan died, the tribe would be in violent turmoil because of the struggle for power. A powerful empire could grow rapidly and level the grasslands in just a few years, or fall apart and collapse overnight.

Wakhan Khan was getting old, and Haidu Aling was young and strong. He was not Wakhan Khan's own nephew, so the old Khan has begun to guard against Haidu Aling.

Bisha was momentarily excited, before frowning and saying, "But this is just our guess. Maybe Wakhan Khan is confusing me."

Yaoying nodded, "Maybe as the general thought, Wakhan Khan has deep schemes and foresight, and was just confusing the general at that time. But, that is not necessarily true now. Haidu Aling's visit to the Royal Court this time confirmed that my guess was true."

Bisha narrowed his eyes, "Oh? Why does the princess say so?"

Yaoying smiled: "General, if you were Prince Haidu Aling, with a heavy army in hand, conquering in the north and south, and ambitious, would you provoke the Royal Court again and again for a woman like me after the Royal Court and the Northern Rong had entered into an alliance?"

Bisha was stunned, his gaze fell on Yaoying's face: "The princess looks like a goddess. Haidu Aling is determined to have the princess."

Yaoying looked calm: "Yes, Haidu Aling sees me as his prey, but he is an experienced hunter. A calm hunter will not just risk his life for his prey."

Bisha looked at Yaoying, his eyes gradually changed. He couldn't help but sit upright, and his expression became more serious.

"What does the princess mean?"

Yaoying slowly said, "I have a slight understanding of Haidu Aling. He is rude and has big ambitions, but he is never someone who disregards the big picture for a woman. He is confusing Wakhan Khan and the Khan's sons to make Wakhan Khan let down his guard."

She dared to be so sure not without reason.

In the book, Haidu Aling was brave and warlike and rose quickly, attracting the other princes' jealousy and Wakhan Khan's suspicion. The princes set up an ambush to trap Haidu Aling. He fell into the trap and nearly died under their sword, with many of his most trusted soldiers dead.

After he recovered from his injuries, Haidu Aling hid himself in seclusion, pretending that he had given up in despair because of his lame leg. For more than a year, he kept walking with a limp. After that, he plundered several Northern Desert beauties during one of his campaigns, one of whom was known as the first beauty who was enchanting and charming, good at the art of intercourse. He spent the whole day hanging out with her in his tent, indulging in sex and neglecting military affairs. When his subordinates advised him, he raised his sword and killed them.

When Wakhan Khan and his sons saw that Haidu Aling had become an invalid, drunk and dreaming of death, and all of his soldiers were deserting and rebelling yet he could not pull himself away from the beauties, they gradually relaxed their guard against him.

Later, Haidu Aling led his troops into the camp and killed Wakhan Khan with his own hands, slaughtering the royal family of the Northern Rong and becoming the new Northern Rong Khan.

When Yaoying was in the Northern Rong camp, there had been many open fights and covert maneuvers between the Northern Rong princes and Haidu Aling. She simply fanned the flames and lured the other princes to grab Haidu Aling's spoils of war, intensifying the conflict. After that, Bisha brought the letter to Wakhan Khan to ask for her dowry, she planted some traps in the letter so that the Northern Rong Khan would be wary of Haidu Aling.

Now there must be a state of swords drawn and bows bent within the royal family of the Northern Rong.

Yaoying said softly: "Haidu Aling is not a person who is confused by beauty. He and Wakhan Khan, father and sons, must have broken out in conflict, so he deliberately came to the Royal Court and broke into the royal palace that night to make Wakhan Khan think he is a foolish person who is dizzy for a woman."

After saying that, she smiled, "These are just my guesses. It's just as well that the general is going to the Northern Rong tent, so the general can keep an eye out to see if Haidu Aling and the other princes are already at odds."