Chapter 100: Alliance

Start from the beginning

After handing over the matter, Banruo immediately went back to the royal palace and saw that Tumoroga had truly gotten better and was chanting to Buddha.

The next day, rumors reached his ears.

Banruo was angry and anxious. Finding Yaoying, he pointed his finger at her, shaking all over.

Yaoying, completely puzzled, asked, "Is there something wrong with Buddha's son?"

The water anise was very toxic. It could save lives, but taking too much would also be harmful. The reason why the Ninglu Pill she took was expensive was that it took many herbs to mitigate the toxicity of the water anise.

The worry on Yaoying's face did not seem like it was fake, so Banruo could not help but be stunned. Remembering Tumoroga's instructions, he swallowed the rebuke that had been brewing in his heart for a long time.

The princess, although shameless, was a sincere admirer of the king's style. If it were not for her dowry, how could the king be saved?

Banruo said sternly, "The king is much better."

Yaoying, with bewilderment, gave an 'oh', and said, "Heaven favors the worthy."

Banruo glared at her, "I heard others say that you pester the monks every day to inquire about the king's condition... you should not go around asking about the king. It is not good for the king's reputation if word gets out. Come ask me if you have questions in the future!"

Yaoying was speechless for a moment: when had she gone around asking about Tumoroga? The whole palace worshiped Tumoroga, and almost everything everyone talked about concerned Buddha's son, so she never intentionally inquired.

But Banruo's mind was set that Yaoying was deliberately scheming to get close to Tumoroga and warned her, "Do not try to take advantage of the situation to get close to the king. The medicine you brought saved the king and the king is grateful to you, but the king will not be moved by you!"

Just as the last words left his mouth, Yuanjue's figure appeared in front of the courtyard door.

"Princess, the king asks you to go to the main hall."

Banruo was dumbfounded.

Yaoying stretched his hands towards him, "It is your king who invited me to go."

Banruo was speechless. His neck craning around, he didn't say a word.

Yaoying walked past him and followed Yuanjue to the main hall.

As they passed through the front courtyard, a golden arc of light flashed through the quiet doorway. The spotted leopard leapt silently down the wall, raising its paws to claw at the vines that were winding around the steps.

Yuanjue stopped in his tracks, gesturing at Yaoying not to panic.

Yaoying had often seen this wild leopard these past few days and was no longer so afraid. She retracted her line of sight, not moving.

The leopard's eyes narrowed slightly. Jumping onto the promenade, its tail hanging low, it suddenly walked towards Yaoying.

Yuanjue's face changed slightly.

"Ali!"

A voice tinged with laughter rang out, and the blonde-haired, blue-eyed general of the Central Army stepped out briskly from the inner hall. Guarding in front of Yaoying, he shook his finger at the leopard, "Don't scare Princess Wenzhao!"

The leopard looked askance at him, rather like he had some disdain. Turning around and jumping down the stone steps, it lazily laid down in the shadow of the vines and went to sleep.