Chapter 90: Buddha's Arrangement

Începe de la început

    If the news spread, the Royal Court would be chaotic.

    Yaoying sighed: "Venerable, I know the prescription for the Anxi Pill, but those herbs are all native to the Central Plains. Even if Venerable knew the prescription, you could not concoct the medicine at this moment."

    The anxiety in Mondatipa's brown eyes slowly faded away. He stood in front of the steps, releasing a deep sigh.

    "This poor monk's appearance has made the princess laugh. Buddha's son was wise and gifted from youth, his talent innate, and he is well versed in the classics. In time, he would be a great talent of the Sakyamuni, and he would be able to promote Buddhism and deliver all beings from suffering. This poor monk could not bear to see him going to reincarnation before his great purpose is achieved."

    Yaoying also did not want Tumoroga to die so early... She thought about it and said, "Venerable Master, I can write out the general prescription. Perhaps there are herbs in the Western Regions that can be substituted?"

    Mondatipa was a monk, indifferent to life and death. If it were not for his genuine appreciation of Tumoroga's talent and aptitude, he would not bother to talk with Yaoying. Just as he was about to give up, he heard her words and his spirits lifted.

Chang'an and the Holy City were 8,000 miles away. The medicine sent to him by the Seventh Princess was just enough to relieve Tumoroga's pain, and now the Seventh Princess coincidentally appeared in the Holy City-perhaps it was all Buddha's arrangement.

    Mondatipa led Yaoying through a long corridor, entering the inner room through a side door.

    Layers and layers of heavy golden silk curtain hung low. Looking in, the inner hall was pitch-black.

    When the attendant lifted the curtain, a brilliant golden light poured out abruptly.

    Yaoying raised her hand to cover her eyes, slowly adapting to the light in front of her.

    Hundreds of candles were burning in the hall, the flamed as brilliant as daylight. The floor was covered with embroidered Persian carpets, the sensation as soft as stepping on clouds. The beaded curtains embedded with gems on all four walls were gently swaying, the multi-colored gems gorgeous, overflowing with light. The finely carved gold lacquer murals on the walls seem to be brimming and exuding a shimmering golden light.

    Yaoying was dizzy-entering the Holy City in the dark and not seeing the full view of the palace, she thought the palace was as majestic and cold as the earthen cliff she saw in the evening. She didn't expect the main hall to be so magnificently extravagant and beautiful.

    One could imagine how rich the Royal Court was.

    No wonder two generations of Northern Rong Khans were interested in the Royal Court.

    Banruo and several other personal soldiers were kneeling in front of the inner hall's couch, looking sorrowful, their eyes were red from crying. Seeing Yaoying being brought in, they immediately jumped up.

    "Demoness..."

    Yaoying ignored him, walked to the bookcase next to her, and in a few strokes, wrote out the prescription she knew.

    Mondatipa picked it up to give a scan and shook his head in disappointment: "This prescription works wonders with this water anise herb... Among all the drugs brought by this poor monk, there is no substitute for water anise herb."

    "Water anise herb?" Yaoying's eyes flickered for a moment.

    There was a loud wailing sound coming from the bedside, and Banruo shouted, "Venerable!"