Edge of Sanity | Layla | Seven

Start from the beginning

"Its honestly new for me. I didn't date much back in New York."

"How come?"

"Guys didn't notice me back then," I confess.

"Looks like they notice now. I saw Tan checking you out... is there something going on there?"

Tan was checking me out?

"Definitely not. Tan is just a really good friend." I tell her.

"Oh. Okay. I must've read that wrong." She says and I want to tell her that she didn't. That I think Tan is in to me and I know I'm definitely into him, but now Zane is in the picture picture and I don't know what to do or if I should do anything at all. She seems like someone you can trust though and Tan did bring me here so we could maybe be friends. I open my mouth to tell her all of that but stop when Deacon and Tan walk in the room.

"Everything okay in here?" Deacon asked, wrapping an arm around Mya's waist. It was obvious from the love shining on his face that he was in love and it made my heart ache a little wondering if I'd ever experience that myself.

I looked at Tan; he looked good tonight wearing a simple white shirt underneath a black leather jacket and black jeans. What I wouldn't give for him to wrap his arms around me and look at me the same way Deacon is looking at Mya.

"Everything's good. I was just inviting Layla to me and Taylor's Girls Night next week."

She was?

"And I said I would love to."

"See. I knew you guys would hit it off." Tan said proudly.

"Yeah, you're a regular old matchmaker Victor." I teased him as I followed the rest of the group out into the dining area where there was a delicious spread of ribs, scallop potatoes, and steamed spinach waiting for us.

We all settle into our seats and after Deacon blesses the food, we dive in. It's quiet for a few minutes as everyone savors their food but then Tan starts conversation about the case they wrapped up today, Mya told me about Deacon's proposal, and somehow after a few glasses of wine and beer Mya managed to convince us to play Truth or Dare.

"Deacon," Tan starts. "Is it true that you said Mya was the best sex you've ever had?"

I hid my smile behind my rim of my wine cup as I looked over at Deacon and Mya who sat next to each other on the couch. Mya looked smug while Deacon looked like he would murder Tan had it not been for his oath to protect and not kill.

"Yes," Deacon admits. "I said that."

"Aww baby, you're the best I've ever had too." She leaned up and pressed a kiss to his cheek.

"You guys are so cute," I tell them.

"Thank you." Mya giggles before leaning back in the couch.

"Tan," Deacon said, snapping our attention back to the game. "I dare you to eat a hot pepper."

"Bet." I looked at Tan to see if he would really go through with it but in true Victor fashion, he stood up from the chair and stalked to the kitchen before coming out with a yellow pepper in his hand then took a big bite. I watched as his eyes water and tiny beads of sweat coated his forehead before he whistled and I jumped out of my seat to give him the rest of my wine to cool his throat. "Okay. Mya," Tan said once his mouth cooled down and he stopped panting. "Is it true you had a crush on me when you were younger?"

"Okay yes, but that was only until I found out that you said High School Musical was lame."

"Who breaks out singing during basketball practice?" Tan scrunched his face.

"The great Troy Bolton that's who." Mya defended, making Tan shake his head. "My turn," she turned her devious smile to me. "Layla, I dare you to kiss Tan."

Do you think Layla is gonna kiss Tan?

Hope you enjoyed seeing Mya and Deacon return!

Hope you guys are enjoying the story.

Thank you for reading! 🙏🏾💞