Thirty| MYA

"You and Nichelle are going to mold this beautiful, wonderful human being... and I can't wait to meet her." - Deacon | S.W.A.T Season 6 episode 4

ONE YEAR LATER

He's not here. I look around his office, confused as to why it's empty. Digging in the back pocket of my jeans, I reach for my phone and just as I'm about to call Deacon to ask where he is, there's a knock on the door.

I glance up from my phone to see Owen, Deacon's business partner standing in the doorway. He's a handsome man with a full head of silver hair, expansive shoulders, solid built and a pair of the prettiest blue eyes I've ever seen on a man, after Luca of course.

He's dressed in his usual dark blue suit and gives me a friendly smile. "Hey Mya."

"Owen, hey. Have you seen Deacon? He asked me to meet him here so we could drive over to my parents house for dinner together." I explain.

"He said he had a last minute errand he had to run, but when I saw you to give you this." Owen pulls out a small white envelope from his coat pocket and hand it to me.

"What is it?" I ask, eyeing the envelope cautiously.

Owen shrugs. "I was just told to give it to you." He says before turning and leaving me alone.

Stuffing my phone back into my back pocket, I eagerly open the envelope and pull out the white card stock letter inside and read.

Dear Mya,
There are not enough words in the dictionary to describe how happy you've made me from the moment you re-entered my life. I know I'm not a man of many words, so I'm hoping my actions today will show you just how much you mean to me and the kids. Enjoy this scavenger hunt I've prepared for you this evening. You have a very important question to answer at the end.
-Deacon
Clue: Where did we have our first date?

"QueensView." I say out loud, a smile suddenly on my lips as I remember the restaurant Deacon took me to as a "thank you" for taking care of the kids and the house.

I fight the urge to text Deacon and ask him what is going on. Instead, I head out of his office and make my way out of the building. Once I'm settled into my car, I drive down the streets of Long Beach until I reach the restaurant where I find Chris waiting for me on the boardwalk where Deacon and I had our first kiss which now seems like forever ago.

"Chris!"

"Congratulations!" Chris brings me into a hug and squeezes me. I squeeze her back, fighting back tears as she hands me the next envelope.

Dear Mya,
I've eaten here a few times with the kids, but no night was as especial as the time that we came here together. The moment we kissed, I knew that if I wasn't careful, you could be someone I could fall for. Turns out I was right.
-Deacon
Clue: Have some ice cream on me.

Chris and I hug one more time before I leave and get into my car again and drive to the the ice cream shop Deacon, the kids and I went to after his team won the charity softball game. I walk inside to see Luca sitting at a table enjoying a bowl of chocolate ice cream.

"Just in time," He tells me as he swallows the spoonful of ice cream he had in his mouth. Luca stands up and hands me a white envelope from his back pocket.