Five | MYA

"You're hot

"You're hot."

I glance over at Connor who sits next me on his towel that he laid out over his lounge chair. I smile, then tuck a strand of my hair behind my ear before relaxing back in my own chair.

     "Thank you."

"So, you got a boyfriend?" Connor asks me, giving me his best blue steel.

"No, I'm single." I confess, feeling rather awkward when I do.

"Lucky for me."

"Are you two gonna gonna just lay out here all day or are you gonna get your scary asses in the water?" Taylor demands, and I'm so thankful for the interruption.

It's not that Connor isn't cute- he is. Dirty blonde hair, hazel eyes, and pouty lips. Not to mention he had the whole heartbreaker look going for him. But he just wasn't my type.

"I'll get in," Conor says, swinging his legs off the chair and into the sand. "You coming Mya?"

"In a sec," Taylor interrupts. "I need her to help me with my hair. I can never get it to stay up on my head."

I look up at her bun. It looks fine to me.

"K." Connor races towards the ocean where two of his friends and their girlfriends are already swimming and splashing away.

I keep my eyes on Taylor as she takes up Connor's seat.

"So?" She looks at me expectantly.

"So, what?"

"Connor. What do you think? He's hot right?" Taylor asks.

She's trying to play matchmaker.

"Yeah, I guess."

"You guess?" Taylor repeats in disbelief. "Look at him."

I do.

He's glistening from the water now which draws more attention to his six pack and his hair is now damp and sticking to his forehead.

It was giving serious Jack from Titanic vibes.

"Okay. He's hot." I admit.

"So why do you look so miserable?"

"I'm not miserable," I argue. "I'm just not interested in dating right now. The whole point of me moving closer to home was to be closer to my family. I almost lost my dad Tay; the last thing on my mind are boys."