Missed Her

Harper

Why am I so hot? Fuck I'm sweating. And there's so much pressure on me. I feel a veiny and muscular arm around my waist and I have a full body pressed against my back. I start to open my eyes and I cringe at the light coming into the room from the abnormally large window. I tightly squeeze my eyes and goran. With that, I begin to try to move and I hear a hoarse groan.

"Mmm, morning baby."

Athena. She finally moved her arm and I felt Sopfia flip and scoot over. Thank god. I can now breathe. I tried to sit up and when I did I immediately screamed. Sophia shot up beside me and got out of bed. Athena then came rushing in. 

"What the fuck baby. What is it?"

"Sorry babe it's just my head. I feel like it's going to explode."

"Athena put the gun away and grab the medicine. I'll grab the water bottle."

I felt both sides of the bed dip and Athena put the pills up to my lips and I opened my mouth to accept them. I then felt around and grabbed the water bottle Sophia grabbed me. When I swallowed, the pills felt like daggers going down my throat but the water felt so nice and cold.

"Better Bella?"

"A little. It's still too bright though. Could you maybe shut the curtains?"

"I got it."

When Sophia told me they were closed I slowly opened my eyes. Ahh finally. Much better. 

"There are those pretty blue eyes. Is it just your head that hurts?"

"Yes. And my throat but I think it's just cause it dry."

"Keep drinking that water. It'll help. What sounds good for breakfast Bella?"

"Honestly? Just some toast and butter. If that's okay."

"Anything for you baby. I'll call downstairs and have them bring it up. I hate to leave you like this but I have to go to the warehouse for a little today. Why don't we meet at the mall after? you still didn't do any shopping for regular clothes. As much as I like seeing you in mine, I think you'd feel more comfortable in something else. You and Sophia hang out and rest. I'll pick you both up by 3."

"Okay, baby. That works. I've been meaning to ask you if I could babysit for a couple of my favorite kids in a little bit. I just miss them."

"Harper, You don't have to ask me for things like that. Of course, you can. Do you have a plan for when yet?"

"Today? I'm sure I'll feel better soon and it's just for a few hours. I would have to be there by 12, So we could just meet you at the mall."

"We? I'm coming with you?"

"Oh- umm well you-uh you don't have to but.."