First time pt2

Harper

What in the hell. Blood? She didn't even try to change? It's smeared on her cheek too. And why the hell isn't Sophia saying anything about this? When I woke up I heard them talking but decided to get dressed in one of Athena's shirts and brush my teeth. So I know she saw it way before I did.

"Umm well I had to handle some business and this is how I handled it. To be fair I didn't actually hurt him to get this blood. He spit on me. "

"That's supposed to make me feel better?"

"Shit. No. I just don't know what to say. I was going to go straight upstairs and change but I forgot."

"Sure. And why the hell don't you care Sophia? I know you see it."

"Blood? It's a daily occurrence. Before my dad died he was friends with Athena's dad. We grew up in the mafia together. It doesn't affect me. Come here."

Rolling my eyes I walk over to her. She is sat on the counter and spreads her legs and pulls me inside of them. She wraps her hands around my back and I place my hands on her thighs. With my head on her chest I take a deep breath.

"There ya go. Calm down. Athena is okay. She didn't get hurt. Nobody followed her home. Everyone is safe."

"Yeah baby. And plus that man deserved it. I swear. He umm. He was a part of my moms d-death."

I opened my eyes when I heard that and removed myself from Sophia's embrace and walked over to Athena. I was about to hug her but hesitated. She unbuttoned her shirt and tossed it to the floor. I dove right in. I squeezed her so hard. I feel bad for overreacting now.

"I- I'm sorry. I didn't think I just Im not used to seeing blood on anyone. Especially not on someone I love."

I didn't realize what I said until Athena pulled away and looked at me like I had three heads. And then it hit me. Shit. I said love. I wasn't thinking. Oh fuck.

"Umm I mean I like you. I well I do love you. Sorry if it's too soon I-"

She stopped my rambling with a big kiss. We didn't pull apart until we heard a camera click. We pulled away and turned around seeing Sophia with her phone out aimed right at us.

"This is literally so cute. Go on Athena say it back. It's clear you do."

I turned back around with fire truck red cheeks and looked in Athena's eyes.

"I love you Harper. I really love you. I am mad that I wasn't the one to say it first but I'll let you have this one."

We both let out a chuckle. She then wiped something off of my cheek. I was pretty sure I wasn't crying and she must've noticed the confused look on my face because she explained.

"It's a bit of blood. Sorry. To be honest you looked hot with it on you."

I slapped her arm and gagged.

"Ugh enough with the blood. You go upstairs and shower. Sophia and I are going to chill on the couch. Love you but you stink."

"Ouch okay. Love you too."

She went upstairs after smacking my ass and saying she loved me back. I grabbed the coffee and headed to the couch while Sophia followed me. We both sat down on opposite couches. This whole living together thing is going to be so awkward.

"Bella get over here. Sit on my lap. Quit being so awkward."

"Umm okay. You know my name is Harper right? I mean I think so I just-"

"Yeah I know. Bella means beautiful in Spanish. I like that better."

"Oh. Okay. Me too."

The blush on my cheeks never gets a second to calm down. With both of their complements I'm going to be permanently red.