Record Player

Athena

Holy shit. I didn't sleep at all last night. Still riding the high of having her in my house. I can hear her snores and I can't stop staring at the ceiling. I've tried to smoke myself to sleep and I've even tried to get myself off to sleep but nothing. Finally, the sun comes up and I get a phone call.

A- what is it, Fernando?
F- Boss we've got a problem.
A- well..? Don't make me pull it out of you. What is it?
F- the snitch we caught last week is out. I have no idea how he left but he's gone.
A- WHAT THE HELL?!
F- I know. I've got Amy on it now. She'll help track him down. Don't worry boss. I've got it under control.
A- you don't!! The only night I don't get sleep. I'll be at headquarters in 2 hours. This stays between me and my people. If my dad catches wind he'll snatch my title up for good.
F- en eso boss.

I slammed my phone down on the nightstand and took a quick shower. It's only 7 am. No way she's up by now. I slide on some grey sweats and pull on a champion muscle tee. I put on my Air Force ones and head over to her door.

A- knock knock knock
H- I'm up! Just putting on clothes.
A- okay I'll be making breakfast downstairs.
H- ok!

I head downstairs and realize I forgot my Glock on my nightstand. As I head back up the stairs I catch a glimpse of the most sexy body swaying in the guest room. Damn Harper. You always seem to amaze me. Her hips swayed to a song. Wait. No. No. I rush into her room and slam the record player shut.

"Shit! I'm sorry. I didn't know. I thought since it was here. It just sounded so romantic and I had to dance. I also might still be high from last night. I- uh I didn't mean to upset you."

"No. It's just- can you go downstairs if you dressed?"

"Umm yeah- I'm dressed. I'll be in the kitchen."

"Be down in a minute."

I don't know what compelled me to tell her this but here goes nothing. Before she turned to go down the stairs I just said it.

"My mom's favorite song. She loved it so much. She taught me how to do everything to this song. Cook, dance, even walk. I haven't heard it in at least a year. It's just too painful to listen to. So I shoved it in here. Out of sight out of mind."

I sat on the bench in front of the bed. Trying not to cry. Harper came and sat beside me taking her hand in mine.

"It's a beautiful song even if I don't know Spanish. What happened to her? Uh- wait- I uh I don't know why I said that. Sorry."

"No uh, it's okay. My dad uh was just starting to grow his side of the mafia and he fell into the wrong people and she got the shit end of the stick. Shhe. Umm well. She died in the middle of a territory war between us and the Diablo mafia. I was 13."

I felt a stray tear fall down my face and I angrily wiped it away grinding my teeth. Harper put her hand on my jaw and smoothed her fingertips over it.

"I'm so sorry Athena. Every young lady needs their mother. I can't imagine what you went through."

"You learn how to let anger take away every other feeling. Can I be honest with you?"

"Always."

"I haven't felt this open since before my mom died. I feel like everything is crashing down. It feels freeing but so scary at the same time."

She flung her legs over straddling me and took my face in her hands.

"I've waited to find this for so long. Someone who will open up
To me and tell me everything. And maybe there will be a two-sided relationship. Not just me trying to make things work. I truly think you are the one for me. I know I've only met you this past week but this longing I feel in my heart tells me something and I'm listening."

She smashed her lips onto mine and we started a war for control. I let my hands roam her body focusing on the wonderfully thick ass she has. I finally won and pulled away biting her lip before completely sitting back. I just stared at her. She stared at me. Something clicked.

"Look at me. Next head honcho and I'm spilling my guts to a beautiful woman and she isn't running away. Holy shit. You have to be the one for me."

"I'd love to kiss you again but I'm getting hungry. Let me make you breakfast?"

"Hahhaa good try. You aren't getting up until I get another kiss. And no. Let me make you breakfast."

I kissed her again and squeezed her thighs. She hopped off me and I smacked her ass on the way down the stairs.

"Hey! Please let me make you breakfast! You paid for food last night."

"You look sexy when you pout. But no. Don't be surprised if you don't do very much for yourself when you are with me. It's my love language."

"Shut it! Fine. Moms calling anyway."

She gave me a peck and walked to the patio. I pulled out my grandma's espresso maker and started to prepare 2 Colombian coffees. I also put toast in the toaster and fried up 2 eggs. I also set out some chorizo to fry out with the eggs. I hear the back door open and she walks back in.

"God. My mom. I love her but she's so nosey!"

"Well if you told her where you were right now she'd die. What did you say?"

"I told her I was still at the house I babysat at last night. I just hope she doesn't look through my contacts on my iPad and call them. Then I'll be screwed. Sorry, I'm complaining. It smells so good in here!! What'd you make?"

"It's all good. I made a chorizo egg scramble with toast and Colombian coffee. Here's your plate."

"mhm, that's so good!!!!!"

"Thanks. My mom taught me how to cook. Another way I show my love. I mean- umm. Not that.. uhh."

"How sweet! It's okay. I know what you meant."

"I appreciate you coming over last night. It was fun. I hate to rush you but I've got some things to take care of."

"No, I get it. I'm done anyway. Also, I need that coffee every day!!! I've got to get home anyway before my mom comes to find me herself."

"Cool. Yeah, it's good coffee."

She places her plate and cup in the sink and I do the same. We meet at the door and I wrap my arms around her waist and nuzzle my head in her neck.

"Stop! That tickles!"

"I would do anything for that laugh. Anyway. Kiss me and be safe driving home. Text me when you get there."

She kissed me and when I tried to deepen it she pulled away.

"I like this just as much as you but I need to get home and you have head honcho stuff to do."

"Aight. You are right. I'm not head honcho yet."

"You're my head honcho."

She whispered in my ear and gave me a peck before running to her car and speeding off. I stood there shocked. And a little horny. A call shook me out of it.

A- what'd you find Amy?
Amy- I found him. 40th street. On Diablo territory though. I'm hacking his phone now. I just found a text sent to him 5 min ago saying to meet him at Los Hombres nightclub. Want me to meet you there?
A- no you stay put. Keep me updated on that punto message and location. Thanks.
Amy- en eso boss.

I started the engine on my black Mustang and called Armondo.

A- load up and be ready in 10.
Armando - en eso.

I blasted Eladio Carrión and sped to my headquarters. This punto is mine.