Phantom/Rider

Phantom Rider

Servants were known for their strength. They're far and away more powerful than a human could imagine. Ben was fully aware of the damage they caused in both Fuyuki and Snowfield. They were not something to be trifled with.

And yet the Servant that Ben had summoned was currently running around the streets of London while he followed her like a chaperone.

This is a Heroic Spirit? Ben kept thinking to himself or Phantom Spirit. Whatever she's called.

Phantom Rider, also know from her True Name as Red Riding Hood, was a six year old girl dressed in a red sweater so large you couldn't even see her hands. She seemed far more excited than she should be. Maybe it was because she was just a little girl, but she should know that she's a contestant in a Grail War.

Ben was pretty use to cold weather. In fact England was pretty tame compared to the Arctic. He was wearing a dark grey t shirt and jeans. Nothing fancy but Ben was never someone who went all out with his clothes.

Is she even ready to fight in the Holy Grail War? Ben pondered Her innocence could get both of us killed. He was finally caught up to Phantom Rider and grabbed her coat.

"Phantom Rider, you gotta calm down." he said "I get it's all a lot but don't forget you don't want to make to much of a scene."

"Oh! Sorry Ben!" She said. The idea of  anyone, especially a child like Phantom Rider calling Ben 'Master' didn't sit right with him.

"Look, just stay with me." he said and took her hand "I don't want you to get lost."

"Don't worry about that. I already know my way around London!" Ben raised an eyebrow. She couldn't know the entire layout of London. Though she was a Phantom Spirit so it could be a power she had.

They continued to walk down the street. It was rather busy tonight. Normal, ignorant people traveled from one place to the next. Some with friends others by themselves. He was like that before the Grimoire appeared followed by the attempts on his life by a group of men and women who all looked suspiciously identical. The ones who were called homunculi.

"Ben! Look!" Phantom Rider said, snapping him back into reality. He saw Phantom Rider was pointing towards a shop. The windows were filled with different forms of fudge. There was even what looked like a cartoonish chef mixing fake fudge.

"It's a fudge store!" Phantom Rider said "can we get some? I've never had fudge before!" Phantom Rider looked directly into Ben's eyes with a pleading look.

"Please?" Ben made the mistake of making eye contact. He sighed and relented.

"Alright, alright fine." Ben said "But only one."

"Yaaay! Fudge!" Phantom Rider yelled. She darted into the store, pulling away from Ben's grasp.

"Wait, Phantom Rider!" Ben grumbled as he rubbed his hand. She was far stronger than any other kid.

Ben followed her into the store where he saw her waiting, jumping up and down in anticipation. Ben envied that kind of energy and enthusiasm. And who was he kidding? Of course she'd be so energetic. Not only was Phantom Rider a little girl, this is likely the first time she's experienced anything. A modern day London is vastly different from the small woods to Granny's House.

Ben bought two pieces of fudge. One for him and one for Phantom Rider.

"Remember, eat slowly. It'll be like your having two." he handing her the fudge. Phantom Rider eagerly took a bite out of it.