Twenty Eight

Chan's POV

I walk back home in a haze from the Hwangs with my head hung low, dragging my feet along the pavement. Everything over the last few hours has been stressful. On top of that, my parents are constantly in my case about Jeongin. I seriously regret ever telling them about it. I run my hands in my hair and let out a frustrated sigh.

I don't realize I've reached home and into the house until I hear an unexpected visitor and intruder as I'm about to head up the stairs, my little sister, Hannah.
"You're home late." She says switching on the lamp by the couch. I'm startled when I hear voice and curse. "The fuck?! Hannah. What're you doing here?"
"Can't I see my brother anymore?" I turn and head to the couch, sitting next to her. "I take it the parents know you're here?" She turns to face me. "Yep,"
"Did they send you?" She shakes her head. "Nope."

If mom and dad didn't...."Then what's up?" I ask her instead. "Just came to check up on you." I know that's not why she's here but I answer her anyway.
"I'm okay...well as okay as I can be."
She makes a face at me, giving me a once over. "Well I can see that. Have you told him yet?" Uh There it is, the reason she's here. I know exactly who she's talking about but I ask anyway. "Told who what?" She rolls her eyes at me. "Don't play dumb with me Chris, you know what I'm talking about." There's no getting passed her.

"You do know you're talking to your older brother right?" I stand and head to the kitchen to raid the fridge, see if there's any blood bags left. I need to restock.

"Someone's got to talk some sense into you." She says right at my heels. She settles on the kitchen counter while I get two bags from the fridge. "Sometimes I wonder what I did wrong in my past life for me to have a bratty sister like you." I pour the them into glasses and give her one.

She takes a sip and looks at me through the glass, "No, you did something right that's why we're siblings."
"Whatever." I sit next to her, sipping my 'juice'.
"Back to my previous question," I groan, throwing my head back. She just continues like she heard nothing. "Have you told Jeongin oppa that you're his mate?"

"Okay first off, you calling him 'oppa' just sounds weird. And no I haven't told him." Her face legit becomes red. "Why not?!" She slams the glass 🥃 down. Lucky it doesn't break. The content however, spill on the white counter. Shit It'll stain if I don't clean it now.

I stand up to get a rug to clean the mess. "Hannah don't raise your voice." I get that she's worried about me, but she needs to calm the fuck down.

"It's not fair Chris!" She yells again, her eyes a faint purple glow.
"I've grown to accept it, why can't you?"
"If you don't tell him, I will." I don't doubt her one bit, she will do it. But I don't want him to know. What's the point if he doesn't feel the connection.

"Then what? He'll magically fall out of love?" She stays silent and closes her eyes while rubbing her temple. When she opens them again, they're back to their normal hazel color. "Jeongin may be is my mate, but maybe I'm not his." She scoffs, "You sound ridiculous Chris."

(He does.)

"Our bond is one-sided, Hannah. He doesn't feel it."
"That's because he has feelings for someone else. But if you just....."
"Just drop it Hannah, please."

For vampires, if one of the true mates has feelings for another person, they won't feel the connection to their mates. Those feelings make the bond weak therefore, the person won't feel it. Hence it's one-sided. Jeongin's feelings for Hyunjin are strong. He even refused when I asked him to be my mate. He doesn't feel our bond, only I do. And it hurts but hey, that's love.

(⁠╯⁠°⁠□⁠°⁠)⁠╯⁠︵⁠ ⁠┻⁠━⁠┻ ฅ⁠^⁠•⁠ﻌ⁠•⁠^⁠ฅ(⁠=⁠^⁠・⁠ェ⁠・⁠^⁠=⁠)ฅ⁠^⁠•⁠ﻌ⁠•⁠^⁠ฅ

Seungmin's POV

The next few days Changbin makes arrangements for our departure. I've tried coming up with ways to get out of going but nothing's coming up. I'm all out of ideas.

We're in Felix's room,~ me in my original form~, Changbin packing a bag for him. I don't know why when he clearly has clothes where he is. Aunt Jaemee went on a shopping spree for him. "Why are you packing Felix's clothes? It's not like he's naked where he is."
"They're for me." He says without even sparing me a glance.
I furrow my brows. "What for?"
He sighs like he'd rather be somewhere else, and not having this conversation. "I need his scent." He taps his nose, "It's contaminated by yours." I tsk, making a face at him. "Rude. You don't need that many." He just rolls his eyes.

What? I'm jealous, okay?

I slowly take cautious steps towards him, standing next to him. "Thank you by the way."
"For what?" He says in a bored tone. "Not ratting me out to the head Alpha." He stops what he's doing and faces me. "I didn't do it for you, I did it for Felix."
"Still, thank you." Just then, I reach out to touch his hand it's a bit too warm than his normal temperature. I frown and immediately touch his forehead. I gasp by how warm his temperature is. His skin is like a volcano 🌋!

"Shit are you okay? You're burning up." He swats my hand away, goes back to putting clothes in the bag . "I'm fine." He's scent is also a little...off. More masculine... calling to me like a nyx. I can't put a finger of it. He's paler than usual. "Just leave me alone." He turns away, avoiding my eyes.

I just shake my head at him, "I'll get something to cool you down...." As I'm about to leave, he pulls me back and I almost crash into his chest. I swear my heart skips a beat. "Seungmin, I said I'm fine. I don't need anything." I swallow, hard. My heart does a backflip, butterflies erupt within me..., no, wait scratch that, a whole zoo starts a stampede in my body. Changbin just called me by name. My actual name! I stare at him like he's grown two heads.

He notices the expression on my face and my reaction. "What?" I quickly snap out of it and give him a grim "Nothing", shaking my head.

Suddenly, someone bangs on the door, making us both jump by the loud noise. Minho's angry voice follows, startling us again. "SEO FUCKING CHANGBIN!!!"

…⁠ᘛ⁠⁐̤⁠ᕐ⁠ᐷ…⁠ᘛ⁠⁐̤⁠ᕐ⁠ᐷ…⁠ᘛ⁠⁐̤⁠ᕐ⁠ᐷ…⁠ᘛ⁠⁐̤⁠ᕐ⁠ᐷ…⁠ᘛ⁠⁐̤⁠ᕐ⁠ᐷ

What do you think Changbin did? Curious? So am I.

I'm back for a short period of time coz I was busy with school and exams. Now that that's over, here's a late Christmas gift.
Not what you were expecting, I know. But we're getting there.

Happy holidays beautiful people 😁
Peace out✌🏽

Not edited.