2. Him

People walked past him with their gazes held down and meekly greeting him. He only gave a curt nod to them and continued walking towards his lift. His domineering aura had them go past him fast as they could and try their best, not to match his eyes. Their heartbeat got erratic in his presence and they walked with their blood-pumping organ almost jumping into their throats. Nobody knew whose last day could it be at their work, their small mistake could lead them to a level of humiliation they never knew ever existed. After all, their CEO had his hawk-like calculative eyes on everyone but you would never know when he would be observing you.

He got to his lift and hit the top floor button, where his office resided.

On reaching there, he saw his second in command, Yawar, standing in front of his office door, delved into conversation with someone, unaware of the fact that he also stood there. He rested his eyes for a few moments on the man whom Yawar was walking before looking away.He went for his office door and walked past them. On noticing his boss had reached, Yawar immediately dismissed the person and entered the office, the white door silver plated with the CEO's name, IRTAZA HAIDER SYED.

The name he created over the years by his hard work, making the company progress by leaps and pounds. And so did his family name.

As soon as his second in command entered, he found Irtaza standing by the large glass window, viewing the whole city with his narrowed grey eyes. While looking from that building, analyzing cars that appeared like toy cars and busy city traffic, his mind was invested somewhere else."Who was he?" he asked without turning back. His hands were inside his pockets.

"He was Asim, came here for some documents, nothing so important," Yawar immediately spoke.

He only gave a curt nod, before facing Yawar and told him to sit and Yawar sat down."Work is done?" he asked after sitting on his black swivel chair. His voice held authority.

"Yes, boss, May I?"

"Proceed"

Yawar nodded and stood. He moved towards the left wall of the office while he only sat there typing a message on his phone. Yawar clicked a hidden button inside the wall and a secret door to a lift opened, revealing a badly beaten man with roped hands, gagged mouth, and blindfolded eyes. Blood spattered all over his face, his nose was broken and his cheekbones had green and blueish marks. He was breathing slowly and hard with his mouth. Another man stood beside him to balance him. He was a bloody mess, nose smashed and eyes almost shut with swelling. His arms were wrapped around his guts like he was holding them in and he was beaten as badly as he could be.

Yawar viciously snatched the beaten man's arm and followed him to the front desk. He made the man kneel in front of Irtaza and stood beside the man. The other guard who was in the lift also came and stood on the other side of that beaten person. The blindfolded guy was kneeling at the center while Yawar and the other man stood on each side of him in front of Irtaza's desk. Irtaza placed the phone on the desk and steepled his fingers, observing him, who shivered. Both his subordinates could feel his steely gaze on them, making them as vigilant as they could be. They knew no details could be missed by their boss's eyes. And they didn't want to challenge him on that. He had always been apt, calculative, and sharp with a specialty of not showing what would be going on in his mind.