9. Humiliation

She woke up to a knock on the door. Her eyes lazily opened and she groggily said 'come in'. The door opened and her mother came in with a small smile on her face. She sat beside her on the bed and caressed her silky brown hair.

"Wake up, Zahra. I have a news for you," Ammara (her mother) told her.

She sat leisurely on the bed, resting her back against the headboard. Her brain was still zoned out and she was half awake but still, she wanted to know what news her mother had for her.

"Yes mama, what is it?"

"Haider Bhai (Irtaza's father) asked your hand for Irtaza. Last night, he came to my room and sincerely apologized for his father's behavior and then asked your hand for Irtaza without pressurizing or threatening me of throwing us out of this haveli. He truly wanted you to be his daughter-in-law and that too without any pressure." she broke the news.

This got Zahra's attention and she completely woke up. The memories of last night came rushing into her mind. She was sleeping soundly, her eyes opened, he stood there, he had a gun, he slapped her, he took her to a warehouse, he forced her to marry her. Her brain flashed with those three words that had sealed her fate.

Qubool hai

Qubool hai

Qubool hai

(I accept)

And now she was his wife.

'Am I his wife now? Really, now I am someone's wife? Daniyal, Oh God Daniyal! How can I leave him? What will happen?!'

Her mind began to accept whatever happened to her last night. It was too much for her. Too much. Her eyes were already tearing up upon realizing her situation. She tried to control her tears. She cant break in front of her mother. She can't tell her she was forcefully married. No. She just can't. It will break her mother more.

She blinked several times to drink in her tears and took a deep breath to calm her wild nerves down.

"What do you say, Zahra? Do you want to marry him? Don't worry about where we will live. Haider Bhai promised he will provide us a space to live,"

"I need to talk to Irtaza first mama," she said and jumped on her feet, draped her dupatta (veil) on her chest, and made her way out to his room.

She was being insane, all her emotions were bottled up inside her and she felt like soon they will blast and cause an explosion. She was sad, depressed, fearful, surprised but what she felt the most was rage, pure rage.

How dare he to force me into this relation!

She asked a maid on her way to tell the way to his room. Her legs were moving fast and a deep frown was marred on her forehead. The feeling was so overwhelming for her. Her hands were shivering with indignation and fury.

She came across the door of his room and without knocking or giving a second thought to entering inside or not, she harshly pulled the handle opening the door and blurted out without thinking twice,

"I want a divorce!"

He was standing near the site table only in his boxers. His hair was wet as he had just come out after showering. His muscular back faced her and he was bent down, a bit, picking up his cell phone from the table. His anger knew no bounds when someone entered his room without permission and it got out of control when he heard her words.

He slowly turned around and saw her standing there with wide eyes. His chiseled chest was on full display making him look more intimidating and that accelerated her heartbeat.