26. Reason

Charisma loaded up with weapons at her arms depot. Travis, Kaylan and Hassan did the same, Nash and Lena had already loaded up and were ready to move out on location confirmation from Shelby.
Kaylan stood next to Charisma as she chose her weapons. "I don't like seeing you this upset... You're so quiet, and that is not like you"

"I just can't bear to see him that way, I know people think I'm crazy for loving him after everything that he has put me through... But what you need to understand is he is my lifelong partner, I can't lose him from my life, I need him around.."

"No I get it, I really do... but he's gonna be okay.. let's get rid of Cooper and then you can come back to him..

" it is not going to be as easy as just getting rid of Cooper

" it is not going to be as easy as just getting rid of Cooper... He's obviously working with whoever else is working against Keegan... This is a team of people" she sighed. " They will not stop until they get what they came for, and that is him... and everything he owns.."

"Well we are all here to make sure that that doesn't happen because whatever is his is yours remember..."

Nash wandered back inside, he had stood for a while and watched Kaylan speaking to Charisma. He didn't understand why it irked him so much, but it did.
He cleared his throat. "I'll be ready to roll out or what?."

Charisma turned and nodded. "Yeah, let's get on the road in a convoy and wait for Shelby.." she said.

As she walked out Nash walked over to Kaylan. "
I would be really careful how close you get to her...

"Oh really..

"Yeah... Keegan won't be incapacitated forever and he will ruin you... forever.."

"Unlike you, I don't feel the need to chase her ass around, bed her, pine over her... We're friends, she leaned on me. I helped her through a tough stage. We worked together and we still do... And I don't always need my dick to keep a woman happy!." He said and smiled as he walked outside.

Lena looked at Charisma as the two girls separated into one car with Miguel and the others prepared to follow behind. "Sis...

"Why does he have to die... all of this is for nothing if he does..." Charisma said. "I won't get to spend time with him, tell him how much I truly love him... I won't feel his arms around me again.." she said and shook her head blinking back her tears.

"Sis, he knows.. he doesn't need to be reminded or told how you feel... he can see the lengths you're going to for him.. for all of us...

————-

"... son...

Keegan opened his eyes and looked at Jenson. "What happened..

"You blacked out a few time and had a couple of seizures..." Jenson sighed. "You had me worried..

"Where is C

"Where is C..

" oh, you remember her now, you didn't remember her earlier.."

He looked at his father with his brow furrowed confused. "She was here?.."

He nodded. "Yeah, but you need to rest, no if, buts or fucking maybes this time.." he told him.

".. after this is over.. I wanna marry her again... on a beach.. just the family and closest people.. I wanna look her in the eye and let her know that no matter what there is no one else for me..

"Hmm.. there is that small problem of the life you have at the moment, Alana...

He shook his head. "The marriage certificate.. it wouldn't hold up in a court...

Jenson stared at his son, "Keegan Taylor...

Keegan smiled amidst the exhaustion on his face. "She was never gonna make it as my wife .. no one could hold a candle to C.. I don't know who I was kidding.."

"I do.. you're a bit like me in that way... If me and Lena ever broke up, I needed to be with somebody... Just to stop thinking about her, you do the same thing .. but it doesn't help at all though does it.."

"No.. she's always on my mind... but when we leave here and threats are gone.. I'm gonna marry her.. I'm gonna tell her everything I feel for her from that beach.. the sunset, the tide coming in... it's gonna be perfect..."

"It sounds like it is..." Jenson smiled.
Keegan closed his eyes.
"Son... son, stay awake with me for a while... I don't get to see you like this, this close to talk to... we don't get chance to bond that often..

Keegan opened his eyes but it was a struggle. "Tell me how it would have been different, my life.. if you were in it from the off..

"... you wouldn't have gone through all what you did at the hands of Dean.. I can't say it would have been a bed of roses.. I think we would have clashed several times... but it would never have been that bad.. because you are the only one of mine who is more like me than I could have ever imagined..." he told him. "And I am so sorry son, that you had to go through all that and that I wasn't there for you... I hate myself and think on that regularly.."

"Hey.. if we were in each other's lives I probably wouldn't have found C.. my life would have been very different... I needed to meet her...

"Yeah, things happen for a reason..

"She is my reason.." he said.

————

"...Cooper... come and look at this.."

Rico walked over to Dean. "What is it?.."

"It's the codes to Keegan's deposit boxes..." Dean smiled. "I know for a fact he had over a half a million stashed in each one if not in cash then in bonds.."

"You do know that he placed everything in Charisma's name even way back when... he gave it all to her.. those codes would have been changed a multitude of times already..."

"Then we get her and we get her quickly... did you follow Zara back to where ever she ended up.."

"We did... and she went to her siblings house.. not to Charisma..."

"Then maybe the siblings house is where we get our leverage

"Then maybe the siblings house is where we get our leverage... nothing draws out a mother more than knowing her babies are in danger.." Dean smirked. "And as soon as we snare Charisma... I want Keegan to see us torture and use that bitch.. before he dies.."

"Keegan is married... to some other woman.. her name is Alana...

"But you know as well as I do that no one means more to him than that bitch.. she is where we need to get Keegan... that mother fucker owes me for all the years I raised him, fed him, clothed him, brought him in on my business... and Jenson Taylor.. the great Dollar... also needs to be present when I take Keegan's life...

"... BOSS!.. we've got company!." One of Dean's men said running through. "And she isn't backing down...

Rico looked at Dean. "Charisma." He smiled. "My boo is here..." he rubbed his hands together.

Dean nodded. "Don't kill her.. she is leverage don't forget..."

"Oh I don't intend on ending her until after me and her have been reacquainted....