13. Got his back

"..... Lamar?." Charisma said picking up to him.

"Mom... it's dad..

"What?:" she said worriedly.

"He collapsed after you left.. he's been rushed to the hospital... he's asking for you..."

Charisma swallowed hard. "Okay.. I'll come...

"Did you know how sick he is?.."

"Today... he told me today... oh god Lamar... he can't die... I'm on my way okay.. I'll be there as soon as I can..."

"Boss.. we need to get to that house.." Miguel said as she ended the call.

"You need to tell Kaylan.. that I'm at the hospital with a family emergency, and if he needs to see me, he can come there. He can wait until I'm ready... Now turn this fucking car around and get me to the hospital..." she said, shaken up that this with Keegan was actually reality, and happening right now.

————

Alana walked into the hospital room, it was quiet and Keegan was facing the window. "Keegan?.."

He turned and looked at her. "I'm tired..

"Yeah and so am I.. of having to second guess everything... And for you keeping me in the dark about this illness... what is it that you have, are you actually going to tell me?" She said to him, her voice angered.

"I have a brain tumour...

"What?.." she said gasping.

"I have a brain tumour Alana ... they found it a couple of months ago...

"And what am I to you... we got married less than a day ago and I had no idea about this... you couldn't even talk to me... and here I am outside, upset and worried about you, only to hear that you want to see HER, FUCKING CHARISMA!.." she shook her head. "Thanks a lot..."

"You can't hold it together... you don't have what she has... look at you falling apart just hearing it.. it was the reason I couldn't fucking tell you and have to hold you together as well as myself...

"I would only be upset because I don't want you to die... I love you Keegan.."

"I made a mistake..

"You made a mistake

"You made a mistake.. what, marrying me you mean?... is that what you're saying?.."

"Yeah...

"Wow!.. okay... so you give me the best day of my life in one hand and then you take it away from me in the other..." she said. "And don't you care that I'm pregnant?..."

"You and the baby will be taken care of...

"Damn right we will... I get half of everything as soon as you put that ring on my finger..."

"Don't be dumb Alana... my kids get my assets... Charisma already holds everything else... there is nothing to give you apart from a trust fund for the baby...