he could feel his skin melting off his bones, his eyes shifting to their pools of black. he needed to leave. he barely noticed jimin call his name as he teleported out of the house.

--

jungim looked at him, his lips pursed in confusion. "youre sober."

yoongi groaned, his head aching. "trying to quit, i guess."

neither of them spoke, yoongi stuffing his head into his hands. he groaned, the ache in his body burning under his skin. he could feel his fathers presence lingering in his mind. "you look like shit, more than normal." the headache was agonizing. he slammed his head against the table, the new pain overriding the old one momentarily, until it faded. yoongi groaned in anger, before slamming his hands against the table.

yoongi could barely find an ounce of patience in his body. "im this close to ripping your head off." he growled. he didnt even know why he came here. he forced himself out of his seat, deciding this was pointless. "leave, i need to figure this out."

jungim shrugged, scooting out of the boothe and headed for the door. "let me know if you need anything." he said, before exiting the building. yoongi instantly regretted it, wanting the other to come back. he needed someone to talk to, he needed to figure this out. he paced around the bar, the owner watching him with a cloud of fog around his head. he was this close, he could feel his control slipping. he shouldve just killed someone. he shouldve just gotten rid of the ache and gone back home right after. he quickly grew angry, throwing bar stools at the wall.

he barely felt it when his muscles ached, his bones burning beneath his skin, distracted by the headache and burn in his throat. "thats enough."

yoongi groaned out, his hands going straight to his hair as he grabbed at the strands in frustration. "how do i make it stop?"

"i told you to stop drinking."

"stop telling me what i shouldve done and tell me how to end it." god, what it would be like to be normal, he craved it.

he finally looked to his father, seeing the sadness hidden in his eyes. "dont think like that." his father walked over to the pool table, taking a seat on it. he watched as yoongi paced. "sit down." he said. he waited for yoongi to come over, following his instructions. he sat next to him on the pool table, waiting. "meditation is the only way through it. indulging only makes it stronger." yoongi watched as his father crossed his legs, waiting for yoongi to follow his lead.

"I already tried meditating." yoongi grumbled. he still crossed his legs, waiting for his father to give him his next instructions.

"its a different type. one I made ages ago when I drank too much." he chuckled. "the point isnt to gather energy, that only makes it worse." he took a deep breath in, yoongi following his lead quickly, closing his eyes, listening to the way his breath sounded in the room. it was easy to fall into the headspace with years of practice, ignoring the world around him and focusing on himself. "the aches and pains you feel are all in your mind."

yoongi focused on the aches, the pain under his skin. he begged to differ. "why does food taste like shit?" he faintly heard his fathers deep laugh.

"focus, yoon." he grunted, but continued to focus on his body. "tell me what you feel."

"my bones itch," he mumbled. he focused on the way they felt beneath his skin, the way he could swear someone was scraping his bones with knives, like the bark layering his bones were scraping against his muscles. "my mouth is dry," it felt fuzzy, as if his whole mouth was made of cotton, about to catch on fire.