꧁༒☬.....15......☬༒꧂

Start from the beginning

As they walked towards Eve's classroom, Brixton suddenly appeared in front of them. He stared intently at Dexter, a mischievous glint in his eye.

"Dexter, my man," he said, clapping Dexter on the back. "I've been looking for you."

Dexter raised an eyebrow, wondering what Brixton wanted. "What's up?" he asked.

Brixton grinned. "I heard you're pretty good at basketball," he said. "Wanna make a bet on the game after school?"

Dexter chuckled. "You're on," he said, accepting the challenge.

As Brixton and Dexter continued to talk about the basketball game, Eve felt a bit left out. She wasn't sure if she would be able to fit in with the other students, especially with all the attention that Dexter seemed to be getting.

But then, Brixton turned to her and smiled. "Hey,you..If your man loses, then you will be mine."

"NO." Then Dexter grabbed Brixton by the collar and whispered,"Look, you better watch what you say and do from now on," Dexter whispered. "I won't tolerate anyone disrespecting Eve, understood?"

Brixton wasn't afraid and pushed Dexter's hand away, then Dexter
took Eve's hand and they walked towards their classroom, leaving Brixton behind.

As they entered the classroom, Eve couldn't help but feel a bit nervous. She was still getting used to the new environment, and the incident with Brixton had only added to her anxiety.

But then, Dexter squeezed her hand reassuringly. "Don't worry about him," he said. "Just focus on your studies. I'll deal with him later."

Eve nodded, feeling grateful for Dexter's support. She knew that she had a lot to learn, but she was determined to make the most of her time at the school.

꧁༒☬......................................☬༒꧂
As Eve focused on her studies, her friend Clair noticed that she seemed a bit pensive. "Hey, Eve," she said. "Is everything okay?"

Eve looked up from her books and smiled at Clair. "Yeah, everything's fine," she said. "Just trying to catch up on some reading."

Clair nodded, but she could tell that there was more to it than that. She had known Eve for a long time, and she could always tell when something was bothering her.

"Are you sure?" she asked, gently. "You seem a bit distracted."

"Yeah.."

꧁༒☬......................................☬༒꧂
When the school bell rang, Eve gathered her things and made her way out of the classroom. Her curiosity about the basketball game between Dexter and Brixton was still high, so she decided to head over to the basketball court and sat on the edge, hoping to catch a glimpse of the game.

As she approached the court, she could hear the sounds of sneakers squeaking on the pavement and the sound of the ball bouncing. She could see that the other students had gathered around to watch, cheering and shouting encouragement to their respective sides.

Eve watched as Dexter and Brixton faced off on the court, their movements quick and fluid as they dribbled the ball and took shots. She could see that Dexter was playing with determination, focused on winning the bet with Brixton.

The tension between the two boys was palpable, and Eve could sense that there was more at stake than just a simple game of basketball. She knew that this was about respect and standing up for oneself.

In the end, it was Dexter who emerged victorious, scoring the final basket that secured his win. The other students erupted in cheers, congratulating him on his victory.

Eve smiled, feeling a sense of satisfaction. She knew that Dexter's win was more than just a game - it was a statement. A statement that he wouldn't let anyone disrespect him or the people he cared about.

As the students began to disperse, Eve made her way over to Dexter. "Congratulations," she said, giving him a hug. "You played really well."

Dexter grinned, looking a bit tired but happy. "Thanks," he said. "I had a lot of motivation."

As Eve hugged Dexter, she could hear the whispers of other students talking behind his back. She knew that some of them were jealous of his victory, while others were just looking for something to gossip about.

Dexter seemed to sense her discomfort, and he pulled her hand gently, leading her away from the basketball court and towards a nearby park.

They walked in silence for a few minutes, enjoying the peacefulness of the park. Finally, Dexter spoke up. "I know it's hard sometimes-" he said.

Eve nodded, feeling grateful for his understanding. "But you'll get over it!"

Dexter squeezed her hand. "I know," he said. "But we can't let them get to us. We just have to keep doing what we know is right."

└──────── °∘❉∘° ──────────┘