Chapter 55: The Real Deal

Start from the beginning

Everyone's heartstrings were shaken, and they could not say anything for a while.

After half a day, it was Commander-in-Chief Pei who spoke first: "Your Highness, the Yelu tribe lives by following the water and grass. If you placate them and marry, you will have to suffer in the future."

Yaoying's back straightened: "This child has no fear and no regrets."

She knelt in the hall, her gaze clear and gentle.

"The soldiers never return after departing, heading to the distant paths of the plains. Carrying a longsword and a powerful bow, fighting in the battlefield, the head and body are separated, lofty ambition eternally unyielding; the truly brave and tenacious and heroic, always firm and resolute, unable to be insulted. Although people die, the spirits are not extinguished, the spirit strong, resolute to be a hero among ghosts!

"When alive, this child's uncle taught this child and elder brother that if you want to benefit your country, you should not seek wealth and honor. Guard home and defend the country without paying attention to the road ahead.

"My uncle's whole family, to protect the people, became martyrs, forging the peace and stability of the country with their flesh and blood. Although I am a woman, I also bear the Xie family's teachings, and I am willing to be like my uncle to be loyal to the country, even if the result is my death."

The people in the room silently exchanged shocked looks, wordless for a long time.

The Seventh Princess's words, they could also say, and could say more impassionately than the Seventh Princess.

But who could say it more sincerely than the Seventh Princess?

-Xie Wuliang, who taught the Seventh Princess and Qin wang these principles, and despite his weak constitution, spent his life running about for the pacification of the war and did his utmost until his dying breath.

The Xie family, none of which survived, had its bloodline completely cut off. As the generations continued, every generation of Xie family's children held fast to morality and righteousness, guarding their region, and sacrificing their lives to protect the people without a second thought.

They were loyal to the emperor, loyal to the court, and even more loyal to the people.

See the ministers' integrity in times of turbulence, know their loyalty in a chaotic world.

The noble families eagerly helped out for their own interests; only the Xie family's character was this awe-inspiring.

So firm.

So diligent.

And so admirable.

So when the Seventh Princess said such words, the ministers did not doubt her resolve and heart in the least.

Li De sighed and looked at Yaoying, seemingly very reluctant.

The ministers were apprehensive, sweating puddles.

After a long time, Li De waved his hand: "Good, very good. Qiniang is worthy of being of zhen's flesh and blood, not degrading the name of the Xie family."

He instructed the Ministry of Rites' official to go out and deliver the message.

The Ministry of Rites' official was dumbstruck for a moment, then reacted and left with stumbling steps.

Not long after, there were boisterous shouts of joy from outside the hall, and the official re-entered the inner hall.

"Your Majesty, Tribal Chief Yelu is ecstatic. He says he will be going back to gather troops to lead the Wei army's attack on Liangzhou!"