Chapter 41: Business Transaction

Start from the beginning

Yaoying laughed.

In this life, Li Xuanzhen had harmed Li Zhongqian, but did not use those low and villainous tricks like he did in the book, so she had naively thought that as long as they did not happen, she could resolve Li Xuanzhen's hatred.

After all, Li Xuanzhen was not a wicked and evil person.

Yaoying failed.

Li Xuanzhen wanted her to marry away instead of Zhu Luyun. He arranged for Tribal Chief Yelu to enter the palace to watch the Buddha's birthday puja, and although he stopped her at the last minute, he still could not change the fact that he had schemed to get her to marry instead.

Li De was cold, sensible, and ruthless. The only person on this earth who could make his heart waver was his first wife Tang shi. Li Xuanzhen hated Li De, but he was actually the most like Li De. For Zhu Luyun, he could lose all reason and commit all manner of crimes.

She shouldn't take any chances.

Two knocks sounded at the door, and a soldier announced that Xie Chao was awake.

Yaoying immediately went to see Xie Chao and asked him about the situation.

She didn't know if it was because of the medicine he just took, but Xie Chao was in a trance and unresponsive, so when he was asked something, it took him half a day1 to give a vague answer.

The doctor said that Xie Chao was worn out.

Xu Biao was so anxious that he jumped to his feet, pushed the doctor aside, grabbed Xie Chao's collar, and roared: "Who was the one that ambushed the prince?"

Xie Chao shook his head: "I don't know either."

"You said the prince was injured? How many days has the prince been in a coma? How many of you are left? How many enemy troops are there?"

Xie Chao was at a loss.

"Idiot! What else do you know?" Xu Biao was so angry that he pounded his fist on the wall, shaking the beams of the room.

Xie Chao did not dare to say anything.

Several other personal soldiers looked at each other.

Yaoying frowned lightly. Her eyes signalled to her own personal soldiers to pull Xu Biao away and walked to the bed. Lowering her eyes to look at Xie Chao, the corners of her large and slender charming eyes were slightly curved, brimming with autumn water.

"Why are you playing dumb?" She asked.

Xie Chao lowered his head in shame.

Yaoying had already guessed a few things, and had mixed feelings in her heart: "Did my elder brother instruct you.... not to disturb me no matter what happened?"

Xie Chao trembled twice and struggled to kneel down on the ground: "Forgive me, Princess."

Li Zhongqian was seriously injured. Before he fell into a coma, he instructed Xie Chao to immediately find the chief historian to come up with a solution after returning to the capital, and not to alarm the Seventh Princess. When he saw the Seventh Princess at the post, he threw himself at her in a moment of desperation and asked for help. Now that he was clear-headed, he remembered Li Zhongqian's instructions and did not dare to reveal too much, wanting to wait for the chief historian to come before strategizing.

Yaoying sighed softly.

It was a life-and-death situation, but Li Zhongqian still thought he couldn't get her involved.