Chapter 35 plan in motion

Start from the beginning

They got on the boat. RJ took of his wet shirt and tossed it in his boat. He looked at Kie. ''sorry Kiester'', was all he said.

She looked at him with disbelief. ''RJ you better come back and get me out of this boat''. He didn't answer her, as she heard someone. ''RJ, let me out''. She heard the voice and went to the door. She opened up it up and there was Sarah Cameron. ''no way'', she scoffed.

Sarah stepped out and looked at the other boat. Noticing the other pogues. ''uh, no come back here. I mean it, RJ''.

''you're serious guys? Get back here now'', Kie yelled to them.

They started to drive, but not in full speed. ''uh, no we can't. You guys have to figure this all out. You know what they say? When two people are all alone in one night, they'll have to make up as friends. Or at least try and figure it out'', RJ yelled back.

Kie was now irritated at all of them. ''if you don't come back here now. I will kill every one of you'', she threatened them. ''you guys can't just leave us here'', Sarah yelled at them looking at her boyfriend.

RJ met her gaze. ''there's food in the cabin and JJ even rolled you guys a blunt to share. You'll be fine. We'll be back tomorrow''.

''uh, uh no way. I would rather drown than be here with you'', Sarah said. Kie huffed. ''be my guest'', she snickered.

Sarah took of her t-shirt and dived into the water, but the boat was a little to far away for her to get to them in time.

''RJ'', she yelled.

''oh, shit godspeed'', Pope yelled.

''damn RJ. You're a lucky guy'', JJ said looking at Sarah in the distance. RJ smacked the boy's head. ''stop drooling and looking at my girlfriend like that''.

''not my fault, she's hot''. He was about to smack him one more time, but John B managed to do it first. ''stop being a pervert, JJ''.

''RJ. I mean it come back, you asshole'', they heard the Cameron girl yell.

He sighed. ''sorry princess, no can do. You'll figure it out. Love you guys, stay safe'', he yelled back and drove away.

Sarah sighed and went back into the boat. ''ouch'', she said. ''you figured out they wouldn't come back to you?'', Kie asked her with a smirk.

''shut up. I think I just got stung by a jellyfish''. ''oh, does it hurt?''. The Cameron girl eyed her. ''what do you think?''. Kie didn't say anything.

''you know what they say about curing jellyfish stings''. Kie shook her head. ''I am not peeing on you. In fact I have a better idea''. She walked into the cabin and got the food and JJ's blunt.

''here'', she handed it to Sarah. Sarah hesitated. ''it'll help with the pain''. The Camron girl took it and smoked it.

----

It had been a few hours and now it was night.

The girls were high by JJ's weed. They had talked about random stuff.

They were laid down and watched the stars.

''hey Kiara?''. ''what's up now?'', she groaned. Sarah didn't say anything instead she was quiet. Kiara on the other hand wanted answers now.

''why did you do it?''. ''did what?'', the Cameron girl asked. ''we were best friends Sarah. We even stole beer from your dad's hidden space, saw movies, talked and cried about boys. Then suddenly you ghosted me and before I knew it. I watched your birthday party on Instagram''. Sarah sighed. ''it was just one party'', she tried to defend.

Kie scoffed. ''you invited everybody except me Sarah. Then blamed me for that it got busted and you never knew if it was me''.

''who else?''. ''you just assumed and then you just let the rumour about me being a rat go. You were my best friend Sarah and you ghosted me, and I don't know why. I just don't want that to happen with RJ. He's your boyfriend, don't do it to him. He doesn't deserve that''.

Sarah sighed. ''I won't. I'm sorry. You liked me Kie''. Kie's eyes widened. ''what?''. ''as a friend of course. When people get close to me I guess I feel trapped somehow. Then I bail. Instead of talking I blame them for it. I'm really sorry Kie and I miss you. I miss my best friend. Do you think there's a chance that we could be okay again?''.

Kie shrugged. ''if I'm being honest I don't know, but maybe'', she answered. Sarah just nodded.

Kie spoke again. ''Sarah?''. ''hm?''. ''please don't bail on RJ. He's not just some guy. He's really special and he really likes you. I have never seen him like that with other girls before. I can see that you're different for him. Please don't bail on him, he doesn't deserve it''.

Sarah smiled. ''I won't''. ''you sure?''. She looked at Kie with sincere in her eyes. ''I'm sure Kie. He is not just some other guy he is someone special. I won't bail on him. I lo... like him too much for that''.

Kie was high, but she could hear Sarah was about to say those three little words. It made her happy somehow. Knowing that her former best friend may love her boy best friend.

''thank you Sarah. Oh, and I'm sorry for calling the cops''. Sarah chuckled. ''I knew it. I just knew it''. Kie laughed as well. ''should have invited me''. ''I guess I should have''.

It went quiet after that. Kie went to sleep, so did Sarah. But as she did she couldn't help but think of her boyfriend. She was just so glad, he makes her happy and she doesn't want to bail on him. No, he means to much for her.

To be continued