Chapter 19 dcs

RJ's pov

''hey brothers'', the dcs woman Cheryl greeted us as we came in. I heard JB sigh. ''look Cheryl. Now is not a great time. Check on us later, please''. I noticed Cheryl sighed herself. ''I'm sorry boys, but this isn't a check up. I'm taking you both in''. ''no, you've got to be kidding me. This is a joke, please tell me this is a joke?'', I asked her.

3rd pov

The woman shook her head. ''sorry boys, but it isn't''. ''today of all day'', John B said annoying at the woman. ''yes today John B''. ''come on'', RJ groaned ''look it's just a couple of weeks''. RJ scoffed. ''we all know it isn't going to be a couple of weeks. My guess is you would also separate us''.

Cheryl said nothing, then a police officer came. ''this is deputy Thomas. He works for juveniles for the sheriff's department. I know your uncle is in Mississippi working with something. He has not been seen here in a few months''.

''no that's not true. This is a nightmare. Just hear us out. We want emancipation''. ''John B look around. ''emancipation from who? It's just you and your brother here''. ''then asylum'', John B quickly said.

Cheryl sighed, growing more annoyed with the boy. ''what ground?''. ''on solid grounds. Look we feel really prosecuted right now, by you and the giant there'', RJ tried to explain to the lady.

''watch it kid'', the deputy said. RJ looked at him and scoffed. ''what are you gonna do big guy? Tase me?''. ''don't tempt me''. ''then come. I'm right here''.

As RJ said that the deputy began to come closer to the boy. ''come here you little piece of shit'', he said as RJ backed away.

''Cheryl get your giant to back off. I didn't do anything. I'm just a kid man'', the Routledge boy yelled''. ''hey, let my brother be'', John B yelled. ''Deputy Thomas stop''. The deputy did as he was told and backed off the kid. Cheryl looked at the Routledge's brothers.

RJ sighed and had a defeated look on his face. ''okay, okay we give up. Let's go and pack JB''.

That's what the brothers did.

----

They both had packed their rooms and went back to the living room. RJ looked at the picture he had in his hand. He took it up and showed Cheryl the picture who was of him, John B and his father laughing together.

''you see this Cheryl. This is us with our father. You know what he would have wanted? He would want us to stay here, in outer banks and in this home. This is our home and you're taking me and JB away from it. It isn't fair. Do you see that? Do you even have a heart?''.

Cheryl sighed. ''I'm sorry Rowan, but it is the law. My hands are tied''. ''yeah, right the law. Fuck that shit. It ain't helpful when you most need it'', John B said groaning.

Nothing was said anything further. The deputy followed the two boys to the car and started to drive.

----

The boys were in the back seat of the police car. Not really in a talking mode.