Chapter 28 the hospital

Sarah's pov

We have been in the hospital for hours now. I was sitting in a chair besides RJ. He still hasn't woken up and that scares me. I can't lose him, not when I just got him.

''please RJ come back. Come back to your friend, your brother and... and to me'', I cried out.

My dad came in. ''he hasn't woken up yet?''. ''no''. He came towards me and gave me a hug. I hugged him back, as tears were streaming down my face. He stepped back and looked at me.

''it's him isn't it?''. ''w-what?''. ''RJ's the boy isn't he? The boy we talked about earlier?''.

I sighed. I forgot about that. When I was getting the map. Dad caught me and asked me why I needed it for. I said for a friend, but he figured out it was a boy. I told him the truth about that, but I never told him it was RJ.

''I uh, yeah it is''. I heard him sigh. ''dad, he's a good one and I really like him''. ''what about Topper''. ''what about him? He was the one who did this to him. If it wasn't for him, RJ wouldn't have gotten hurt''. ''you really like him, don't you?''.

I looked at RJ and I couldn't help but smile, as he was sleeping. ''I do, I really do''. ''well, I can't say no to that. Young love, right Rose?''.

I looked to see at the door and there stood my stepmom. She was smiling at me.

I was pulled back when I felt something move on the bed. I turned around and saw RJ's eyes beginning to open.

3rd pov

RJ opened up his eyes and looked around the room. He saw he wasn't home nor was he at JJ's.

He looked besides him and there he saw the person he wanted to see. He smiled at the girl. ''hey''. ''hey'', the girl answered back with a relief sigh.

RJ could see she had been crying. Even though pain was circling around his body. He managed to take his hands and dry the tear that escaped her eyes. ''hey, I'm okay now. But can I ask where I am?''.

Sarah smiled at him. ''uh, you're at the st olive's. I don't know if you remember, but you fell from the hawk's nest. The doctor said you have a concussion and a broken wrist.

''oh'', was all the boy said. ''I'm sorry''. ''hey, no it's not your fault. Alright? Don't even think that. None of it were your fault'', the Routledge boy tried to reassure her.

John B came into the room.

''RJ your up?''. ''yeah I am. Good to see you Johnny boy''. ''you scared the shit out of us bro''. ''well, I'm good as you can see. Just a concussion and a broken wrist. It'll heal soon. Can't get rid of me that easily, little brother''.

Sarah smiled amusingly at the two brothers. ''you two are something for yourselves Routledge's''. ''says you. You're da...'', RJ stopped himself from saying that. He didn't know what they were exactly.

''I mean you're the one who likes me''. ''touché'', was all she said.

Then real life hit RJ. ''JB we gotta go man. If dcs finds out I'm in here, they'll take us''.

RJ tried to get up but was shoved careful back from Sarah.

Ward cleared his throat, so his presence was known to the oldest Routledge.

RJ widened his eyes. ''mr Cameron, hey. Didn't see you there''. ''I noticed. Look boy. Sarah told me everything. From the adventures, dcs and you protecting her in that tower. I owe you an apology. That was actually what I was going to the at midsummers, but better later than never. You were honest with me, but I still fired you. That was a mistake. However, from time to time I have a bit of short fuse. Just ask her?'', he said pointing to Sarah.

She nodded, ''he's right''. ''I spoke with sheriff Peterkin's. So, if you and your brother let me. I can be both of your guardian, legally. It's up to you and John B''.

''wait you're serious?''. RJ asked confused. ''yeah. A roof on your and your brother's head. No more running from dcs. What do you say kids?''.

RJ looked at John B. He smiled and nodded yes. Then he looked to Sarah. She was giving him her beautiful smile, which he couldn't resist.

He looked back at Ward. ''uh, if it's okay for all of you. Me and John B would happily allow that''.

Ward smiled. ''then it's settles. Welcome to the family boys''.

Ward and Rose walked out of the room and so did John B. To let the two lovebirds be alone.

''I guess we'll live in the same house now'', Sarah smirked. ''uh, yeah I guess. Should be fun?''. ''mhm''.

RJ's eyes went from her eyes to her lips. All he wanted right now, were her lips on his. Sarah noticed this. ''hey, my eyes are up here creep''. He looked back up at her. ''oh, no I was not looking at your uhm. I was looking at your lips''. ''my lips. Why my lips?'', she asked seductively.

RJ cleared his throat. The girl was making him nervous and she knew it. ''d-do you really want me t-to tell you?''. ''you're stuttering a little Rowan. Are you okay?'', she asked again in her seductively voice.

''you're killing me right now, princess'', he said groaning. ''oh, I am. Why?'' ''you know why''. ''hm I don't think so. Maybe you should enlighten me?'', she said coming closer to him.

''can you two just fuck already. The tension is high'', they heard JJ's voice.

Sarah stepped back. RJ groaning at the Maybank boy for interrupting. ''uh, I'll let you two talk'', the Cameron girl said walking out.

JJ looked at the boy impressing. ''I must say way too much tension going on between you two. What's the deal? You popped the question yet dude?''. ''bro, it's not like I'm marrying her''. ''no, but maybe make it official. I mean Kie has already figured out, so nothing is stopping you''.

RJ scoffed at him. ''yeah I guess she isn't too happy with me''. ''actually, she is worried dude. We all were. Pope and Kie couldn't come tho. They had to go back to the parents. You know''.

''yeah, I understand''. ''so, how you feeling?''. ''I mean it's painful, but I'm on this meds. So, it isn't that painful''.

''dude, you're a lucky bastard''. RJ chuckled. ''yeah because Topper shoved me and I'm lucky''. JJ regretted what he said. ''if I see that kook anytime soon I wi...''. ''not do anything. J I know you want to beat the shit out of him. Me too, but no. Is that clear?''. ''but RJ?'' ''J is that clear?'', he said with a stern look. JJ sighed but nodded.

''you wanna know something?''. ''yeah''. ''me and JB's going to live with the Cameron's. Ward is going to be our legal guardian''. JJ's eyes widened. ''dude you're joking?''. ''nope. All is true''. ''damn, lucky bastard. Wait, you and Sarah living in the same house?''. ''yeah''. JJ smirked. ''J come on''. ''what? You're going to live together. You might not know what will happen. If you two have the house to yourselves. I mean come on R?''.

RJ began to think about it but shook it away. ''JJ. Not everything's about sex you know?''. JJ rolled his eyes. ''I know RJ, but I also know you. I mean Sarah's the right girl and you know it''. ''I guess''. ''you guess? No, man you know. You finally accepted your feelings for her, so why don't you see that she's the right girl. I mean I think everyone knows it. Dude, you think Topper didn't see it? Because he did, that's why he was jealous. Even though he was with Sarah. He never had her heart. I believe it was always with you. Just like your heart, was always with her''.

RJ looked at his best friend kind of shocked something like that came out of his mouth. ''damn J. Didn't know you had that side of you''. ''shut up man. If you tell everyone, I'll kick your ass''. ''don't worry your secret's safe with me''. ''but seriously bro, I'm serious''.

RJ sighed but in a good way. ''yeah you may be right''.

The doctor came in.

''sorry, but visiting hours are over. RJ will be checked out tomorrow, so you can see him then''.

JJ nodded towards the doctor and looked back at his best friend. ''I'm serious. I can see it and so can the others. Good recovery bro''. He left right after saying that.

RJ was left of with his thought before he drifted to sleep. Thinking about the blonde Cameron girl.

To be continued