69-70

Chapter 69 Detective Contest (2)

The fake passport was delivered to Yu Jiu in less than half a day.

Although it is fake, in fact, except for the fake birthday, it is basically the same as the real one. In addition, since Yu Jiuzhen is young and has no experience of going abroad, he is just a blank slate, so it is better to make a passport and treat it as genuine.

When Mori Ogai wants to get something done, he can be regarded as a ruthless character who kills without blinking an eye. But most of the time, he will do one thing, leave a line, and be patient and tolerant to his loyal subordinates. It is easy for people to have the impression that "he is a very considerate and considerate leader." Whether this is true or whether he deliberately created a false impression is not the point, because Mori Ogai's performance is indeed like this, and this is also the method he uses to control his subordinates.

If it weren't for the memory of Mori Ogai forcing Dazai Osamu to kill the cadre Colonel, like the sword of Damocles hanging above his head at all times, Hajiu might have forgotten about Mori Ogai as he slowly came into contact with Mori Ogai. Essentially, he's the kind of mafia leader who uses people as tools.

In addition to giving Natsume Hajiu a fake passport, Mori Ogai also gave him a sum of money to travel to and from the United States and living expenses. The activity lasted for one month. He purchased the air tickets by himself and could leave at any time. He estimated that the Longtou War would end in about one or two months. If Yujiu couldn't finish it, he would do other things, and there was no need to stick to the black organization.

Although Mori Ogai said "you can leave anytime," Natsume Hajiu knew that he meant to tell Hajiu to leave quickly and not sit at home. However, the reason why Hajiu got his passport and went out was not because of Mori Ogai, but because he received news from Kuroda Bei.

Kuroda Biewei asked Yujiu to go to a designated post office to pick up the letter. The police chief's words were very brief. There were no greetings or prefixes or suffixes as supplementary sentences. The entire task was expressed in one sentence.

The post office was a remote and quiet residential area far away from the main commercial streets of Yokohama and the power struggles of the gangs. After Yujiu reported the name and pickup number given by Mr. Kuroda, the post office worker with a thin face and quiet demeanor gave Yujiu an envelope.

Inside the envelope I felt a card.

When Yujiu poured it out, there was indeed a card and a piece of paper saying "It's time for you to act" and the password of the savings card "4869". There was an ATM inside the post office, and Yujiu found that there was 40,000 US dollars in the savings card. With the money given by Mori Ogai, he had nearly 90,000 US dollars in cash.

Yujiu had never made any money before. The most money he had in his pocket was two hundred thousand yen (about 2,000 US dollars). The check he got before was just a piece of paper. He had no idea. Now he is facing this intuitively. Numbers, he suddenly felt that he was really rich. Of course, he knew that the money was not his salary.

After leaving the post office, Yujiu saw a brown figure on the slope at the corner. The other party was squatting on the sidewalk, and the fruit carton next to him had the words "Entrust the world's best detective Ranpo-sama to solve the case. One thousand yen per case, super cheap!!" was written in large characters. There are two holes on the side of the carton. One end of a nylon rope passed through the two holes, and the other end was held by Edogawa Ranpo, looking as if it had been abandoned.