Beach days

Y/N's POV

Waking up in a bed in a bedroom that was unfamiliar but felt so safe was a strange feeling. There was no morning rush, no yelling to be out of bed, it was quiet. 

I sat upright and stretched upwards. I could hear some faint talking coming from another room and I stood up to find that someone had placed a pair of fluffy slippers at the end on my bed. Smiling to myself, I put them on and grabbed Lizzie's hoodie that I had of course brought with me. 

With that, I shuffled into the hallway and followed the noise of the people talking. I peered around the doorframe and saw Lizzie and Robbie laughing at the table. I walked in and Lizzie looked up, giving me a warm smile when she saw me. 

"Morning love", she held out her arms and I happily went over and fell onto her, sitting over her legs and hanging my own legs off the side. Robbie waved at me and smiled and I waved back as he asked what I wanted for breakfast. 

"It's okay I'm not hungry", I told him, but Lizzie shook her head.
"Pancakes please babe", she told him with a knowing smile then looked down at me. 

I didn't say anything, instead I leaned to the side towards her, resting my head on her chest. 
"Pancakes do sound nice", I admitted and she reached up and held my head closer with her hand. 

"I know".

After a delicious breakfast Robbie suggested we go to the beach and Lizzie and I agreed. I got changed into some swimmers, threw shorts and a t-shirt overtop, and we headed off. 

I sat in the back seat and looked out the window, zoning in and out of their conversation, being in my own head for a bit. It was quiet when I was here. 

The drive to the beach was filled with a comfortable silence, interrupted only by the occasional chatter between Lizzie and Robbie in the front seat.

We pulled up[ and I jumped out of the car, the salty breeze hitting my face, without waiting for either of the two who both were taking their sweet time I burst into a run, heading towards the sand dunes. 

I made to the top of one before the other two got here, Lizzie gesturing for me to come down. I went down only for her to hand me a bottle of sunscreen. 

"I'll be fineee", I tried, but she just raised an eyebrow and I reluctantly took the bottle from her. I put some on my face but didn't put it anywhere else, I wanted to tan and sunscreen would only slow down that process. 

Lizzie sat down on a towel, not noticing, and I silently thanks the gods. 

I followed Robbie out to the waves, and he and I went for a swim. It was short-lived though, while I tried to ignore the freezing temperature I soon found my lips were purple and my teeth were chattering. 

"Yeah I'm out", I shivered and Robbie smiled and nodded. 
"There's a towel in my bag", he told me, swimming further out. 

I sprinted over to where Lizzie was and got out his towel, wrapping it around me. 

"You look cold", Lizzies smug voice called out, so I did the only rational thing and went over to her, forcing her to give me a hug, ignoring her squeals of protest. 

"Much better", I declared as she finally gave in and wrapped her arms around me.

She doesn't have to suffer for long though because pretty soon I'm off towards the sand dunes again. I was hanging around up there for what felt like hours until I heard Robbie call my name from miles away. 

I ran back to where they were sitting and gave Robbie his towel back. I apologized because he'd only brought one, and he'd given it to me and now it was damp and sandy, but he didn't seem to mind. 

"Are we ready to go?", he asked, and Lizzie and I both nodded. As we walked back my body started to hurt but I couldn't place why.  On the drive back Lizzie sat in the back seat with me, saying "I haven't spent enough time with you today". 

She sat in the middle so that I could cuddle into her side, and she wrapped her arms around me. "How've you been angel?", she said to me quietly.
"I'm good"
"How are you really?"
"Liz, I'm really, genuinely, absolutely happy here".

I looked up and she had a huge smile on her face, I held her arm as she hugged me tighter.
"I love having you here", she sighed.
"Keep me", I laughed, only half joking.

"I'm gonna sweetheart, you will forever be mine"
"Is that a threat or a promise Olsen?"
"Bit of both darling"

She moved her arm to where mine was and she held my hand, interlocking our fingers. "You're stuck with me Y/l/n"

"I think it's the other way around", I said as Robbie parked the car and turned around to look at us. 

"You guys are a bit cute", he grabbed his phone and snapped a picture of us before getting out and opening the door for us. 

I thanked them both for taking me out and went to have shower. As I stepped in my skin started burning, though the temperature wasn't that hot. I stepped out quickly and looked in the mirror. My back was a fiery red, it had to be the worst sunburn I had ever had. 

 I carefully got changed into some pajama shorts, breathing through the pain that stung everywhere the clothes rubbed my skin. I managed to put on a loose t-shirt, then thankfully I found some panadols in my bag. 

I climbed into bed, and lay still, until Lizzie came in. 

"You okay love?"
"Sunburn", I told her, and she came up and kneeled beside the bed.
"Aww baby, can I see?"

I nodded, sat up and turned around, lifting up my t-shirt so she could see my back.

"Oh my- did I or did I not give you sunscreen?", she raised her eyebrow, and gently lowered my shirt, sitting on the bed beside me. 

I rolled into her arms and she gently held me. "I can put some aloe vera on it?", she offered. 

"Maybe later", I yawned in her arms,
"Okay baby, get some sleep". 

She kissed the top of my head and rested her head on the headboard, letting me fall asleep in her arms