cause I'm being followed by a moonshadow

I let out a laugh as I regained my footing, the impact of Lilly's body colliding with mine almost knocking me over. 

"It's good to see you too", I mumbled as she laughed into my shoulder. 

She finally pulled away and grabbed my arm, hauling me inside.

"Oh it's been so boring without you here and it's only been a day, you can't leave me again", she declared flopping dramatically on the bed and patting the spot beside her for me to do the same. 

"How was the drive?", she asked after a while.
"It was good", I yawned, smirking as she yawned too. "Scarlett sat in the back with me and I fell asleep on the ride"

Lilly nodded, unsurprised and I felt my eyes slowly flutter shut. I blink them open only to find a blanket tossed over me. 

Mumbling a 'thank you' I closed my eyes again, grateful for Lilly's lack of questions. 

Time Skip To Morning

A light snoring from beside me was the first thing I noticed when I woke up. I turn to my side and Lillys back is facing me as she sleeps peacefully, unbothered by the blaring light that shines through her curtains. 

I pull them shut as best I can but the light inside the trailer is still bright. look around, admiring all the little ornaments dotted around. Her phone alarm starts to go off so I get up and flick it off. 

As I do, Im reminded of my own phone. I dig to the bottom of my bag before pulling it out and opening it to see dozens of missed calls and messages. 

I scroll through each threat, bribe, and insult from my parents. I'm not entirely sure of the legal requirements, but surely I can't be forced to go back to them. The last thing I needed was another guilt trip, and I didn't want Lizzie or Scarlett to get dragged along, and I had a sneaking fear that my parents weren't going to be forgiving. 

I decided not to respond, to be perfectly honest I didn't have the mental energy to deal with them today. It didn't take long for Lilly to wake up, she blinks awake and turns herself to look at me. 

"Morrrningggg", I smile. 

"You seem far too happy", she mumbled groggily. 
"I had a good sleep"
"That's no reason to be happy in the morning"
"I haven't been able to sleep well for two days"
"touche"

When Lilly was properly awake, we sat on the bed each with a hot chocolate. 

"We should go out for dinner, the two of us we can take an uber or something, treat ourselves."< Lilly suggested, but it was still too early to be making plans.
"Uh we could I s'pose"
"Come on Y/n what's the worst that could happen?"

"Humiliation, embarrassment, fire, explosions, collisions, tears, nudity, and death", I state bluntly.

"...... and when has that ever stopped us?"
"touche"

With that, we decided on going to Groovy Days Diner, the same restaurant I went to with Emma, RDJ, Chris, and Eric on my first day here. Best believe I'll be ordering the mozzarella sticks again. 

We just floated around the whole day, I didn't see Scarlett or Lizzie, but we did run into Emma on a food run into HQ and told her of our dinner plans. 

"Oooh a dinner date how cute, we should go there as a case sometime next week", she suggested, and an enthusiastic "YES", was heard from Chris Evans who was playing some worm game with a young child on the Xbox. 

Lilly and I laughed and said our goodbyes as we went to get changed for tonight. 

"I'll meet you in the carpark in an hour", Lilly called out to me as I got to my trailer. I shot her a thumbs up and went inside. I had left my fairy lights on so the place looked cozy. I managed to get ready in 30 minutes because I, unlike Lilly, don't require half an hour to simply pick out my clothes. 

With a random surge of motivation, I decided to redecorate. I had a few unused posters and wall hangings shoved to the bottom of the small closet so I got them out and spaced them out around the trailer walls, as well as using what was already hung up. 

When I was finished I thought the place looked pretty damn cute.  

This is the look I'm envisioning but by all means use ones own imagination

When I had finished it was time to meet Lilly. She had already arranged an uber for us and we both crammed in the backseat. 

"Groovy Days Diner please sir", Lilly directed and he gave a small smile through the back mirror. 

During the ride there, Lilly and I mostly talked about the food we were getting. I had gotten an advanced paycheck and there was absolutely no way it was finding its way to the people I call 'mum and dad'. 

The waitress was the same lady who had seated us last time and she remembered me. I can't lie it felt pretty great to be remembered. 

We both ordered milkshakes and I got the waffle stack I had gotten last time. What's the point in having your own money if you can't order breakfast for dinner? 

Lilly got the pasta of the day and we ended up going halfsies, the mozzarella sticks were gone in a matter of minutes. 

Whn we had finished I excused myself to go the bathroom and instead went and payed for our meals. I was met with a raised eyebrow and accusing glare when I got back to the table and Lilly insisted she pay for the ride home as well. 

We sat in the back and soft music started playing over the radio. I recognised the song, "Moonshadow", by Cat Stevens. I felt a light thud as Lilly's sleeping head fell gently on my shoulder.