More doritos

The person knocked again and Scarlett called out, "hello?".

"Scar open the door I'm freezing my tits off here".

Both me and Scarlett let out a sigh of relief upon hearing Lizzies voice from the other side of the door.

"Bloody hell Liz" Scarlett exclaimed as she opened the door to let the freezing woman in. "We thought you were..." She trailed off as she looked at me and Lizzie didn't seem to notice.

"Y/n!" She breathed, still cold. "How's it going?", she asked as she pulled me into a hug.

"yeah I'm alright", I forced a smile, I didn't really feel like crying again. "How're you?"
"I'm good, just got off the phone with Ashley, she wants to have me over for dinner sometime this month"

"Oh I love Ashley", Scarlett pipes up, and Lizzie just rolls her eyes.

The two older women talk while I keep watching the show and finish the bag of Doritos.

"Is my phone on the bed?" Scarlett asks me and I do the little duvet shake to see if anything goes flying. It doesn't.

"Nope"
"Crap I must've left it in HQ"
"I can go get it?", I offer, after all I did just eat all of her Doritos.
"No it's okay I'll shoot in now, does anyone need anything?"

There's a short silence before I finally say, "Doritos please", earning me an eyebrow raise. Then she nods and heads off. I shuffle deeper into the warmth of the sheets to cover my shoulders when I look over to Lizzie.

She has her head down and she's reading a piece of paper that was on the bench.

Oh shit. I think as the realisation slowly dawns on me. That's my piece of paper. The note mum left me.

Lizzie slowly lifts her head to look at me and I can see she looks like she's about to cry. "Y/n", her voice falters.

"I'm sorry", I quickly stammer. "I didn't mean to not tell you I was just tired and It's only really just happened-", but I stop talking when I see the look on Lizzie's face.

"Why are you apologising? If anyone should be apologising it should be your parents".

I opened my mouth to say something but I didn't know what to say. She came down and sat next to me on the bed, pulling me back into her. "I think that every child deserves a parent, but not every parent deserves a child".

"But it's okay", I start, "I mean at least I have pare-"

"Y/n, you don't have to be grateful that it's not worse", she said, rubbing my back. I looked up at her, tilting my head slightly. "I'm serious. If they hurt you then they hurt you. It's bad for you and that's that. You don't need to be grateful that it's not worse".

I stop trying to talk after that, I mean compared to her statement anything I say now will probably have no effect.

She squeezed me tighter for a second. "Besides, I have to keep you around now, you have practically all my clothes".

I laughed at her well reasoned point as Scarlett walked in. She saw us cuddled up on the bed and looked at me with a questioning glance.

"Yeah she knows", I told her and she tossed me another bag of Doritos.

1 Week Later

Y/N's POV
I walked back to my trailer, absolutely exhausted from todays work. I spent practically the whole day running, my only breaks were during the times Lilly had to fill in for me.

As I got closer though, I noticed my door was slightly open. Strange. I remember closing it, well I thought I had anyway. Then I saw the light inside was on.

Someone's definitely been in here. I thought to myself. I know for certain that I turned off the lights.

The closer I got, the more worried I felt. Maybe someone had broken in, I don't think there was anything too important left there, but how could someone even get in here with all the security around the entrances.

I started to hear distinct voices coming from inside, but I couldn't make out who it was, probably Lilly now that I think about it.

But then I stopped in my tracks, my heart sunk to my stomach as I heard the unmistakeable laugh of my mother.

Immediately I turned around and started walking away. If I could just find Lizzie or Scar-

"Oh Y/n there you are, I was wondering when you finished". I turned around and saw Cara poking her head out of my trailer. "Your mothers here to pick you up, she emailed me earlier this week and I said we've almost finished all of your scenes for the movie and today was your last day!", she said brightly.

She must've seen the look on my face because she quickly added "I'm sorry I completely forgot to tell you sooner, but you can go home now. We might need you for a few odd scenes but that can be done another day. I think your mum packed up all your things for you".

At that the sickeningly familiar face of my what-I-call mother appeared in the doorway.

"Y/n!" She called, jumping out with her arms outstretched. "We've missed you at home", her arms wrapped around me as she pulled me into an uncomfortably tight hug.

"Oh"
"Right, all ready to go?"
"Uhh", I thought desperately for a reason not to leave. "I just have to say some goodbyes".

At that, mum narrowed her eyes, but as Cara was watching, she didn't say anything. She nodded and forced a smile. "Be quick", she hissed through her teeth.

Then Cara walked over before I had the chance to leave, "While you do that, I'll talk to your mum about your payment".

I fake a smile at her and walk away.

Shit