Chapter 69

Y/n pov

I watched my friends mess around in the lake as Anna walked up to me. I smiled at her watching the sunset.

"Surprised your not in the water with your friends." I shrugged as Anna sat next to me.

"I don't want to ruin my fresh haircut with lake water." Anna giggled as she played with my hair.

I smiled as she started scratching my head.

"You know I never thought my friends would like your friends." Anna glanced at me as she saw how Emmi, Juj and Ami were in the water with Kennedy and Liv. Katy sat on the dock as Alyssa dove in.

"What makes you say that?"

"My friends and myself included grew up in troubled homes. It was hard to make friends. All I had was Ken and Liv. Everyone else was just acquainted with me."

"How does that-"

"Your friends and you grew up here. Everything I've learned from them and heard from makes it seem like they never had it rough. If they did it doesn't seem like they were affected."

Anna sighed as she looked at my friends and hers.

From our view on the cliff you coulf see them playing Chicken.

My guess is that Kennedy and Alyssa would beat Emmi and Juj. But it was hard to tell.

"Our rough life was more money problems than abuse or family issues." I giggled as I looked at Anna.

"Our kids don't realize what they've been born into have they?" Anna shook her head as we smiled at the fact our kids will be spoiled.

"Wonder if our kids want to be famous."

"That's up to them. Also they are literally two months old. They don't have thoughts beside eat, sleep and shit." Anna giggled as I smiled at her.

"Do you want our kids to have fame is what I should have said?"

"No. But I can't stop that." Anna nodded as she looked at me.

"You know you always looked pretty in the sun." I smiled holding Anna's hand.

"I guess the sun just finds me cool." Anna slugged my shoulder making me laugh.

I saw a old couple walk by as we laughed. It reminded me when me and Anna were younger and in love.

First album.

I had flown to Michigan to see the blonde for the holidays. This was about a year into our relationship.

I surprised her when her family was having Christmas dinner and I knocked on the door.

Anna answered and screamed bloody murder.

She had tackled me into the snow as I just held her. It was when we lived long distance too so we hadn't hugged eachother in I'd say five months.

When I walked inside it was my official first time meeting Anna's family.

After that day I'm pretty sure they've loved me.

We came to this cliff that evening seeing it snow.

It was so pretty out. But Anna had taken pictures of the lake so she had snow in her hair. She looked so peaceful.

Nothing in that moment could bring her down.

I look good in the sun since I've been in the cold of the mountains for years.

Anna looks good in the snow and cold because she is used to the LA sun beating her down.

That same day a couple walked past us. I held Anna against me keeping her warm.

I heard them talking. About how we looked like them when they were in highschool. At the time we were a little bit fresh to adulthood but nonetheless we were.

I waved at the couple seeing it was the same couple that walked by that snowy Christmas night.

Anna waved as the couple waved back.

"Honey those are the same girls we saw that one night in Christmas. Remember?"

"Carol if I didn't remember I would be asking why you waved at them." I smiled as I realized Anna and I were on the ground laughing still.

Anna looked at me as I looked up at her.

"Why do they seem familiar?"

"It was the same couple that passed the night i gave you that promise ring." I saw Anna look at the ring as I watched her remember.

"Funny how time flies huh?" Anna shook her head as I smiled.

I felr her kiss me as I kissed her back. Nothing could break this moment.

It felt too perfect.

It in fact was too good to be true because not even two seconds later I heard Anna scream as I got picked up.

"You two have been too cozy up here. Time to join the fun." I heard Kennedy say as she carried me towards the cliff. I looked over to see Anna being carried by Emmi.

"Kenny I swear to God-" Kennedy just giggled as I threw my phone and wallet to Liv as she stood behind Kennedy.

Anna did the same before Ken and Emmi jumped off still holding us.

I hit the water as I heard everyone cheer. I swam up seeing Kennedy float near by.

Anna popped up next to me as I looked at Kennedy.

"Ken come here I'm gonna kill you." Kennedy eyes went wide as she started swimming towards the dock. I followed right behind her hearing Anna's conversation with her friends.

"How did Kaylee meet Kennedy again?" I tackled Kennedy as she held onto the dock for dear life.

"Kaylee and Kennedy were paired together during softball as throwing partners. They started talking one day and became best friends after that."

"How old were they?"

"Four." I heard Anna's friends be impressed and happy as I jokingly tried to drown my bestfriend.

When she came up she tackled me into the water making me laugh. I kept hearing the girls talk as I was playing karate with Kennedys hands.

I swam back up seeing Kennedy try climbing up but I grabbed her pulling her down.

"So Kennedy is a manager or CEO?" I was too busy fighting Kennedy off of me to keep listening to their conversations.

But it was nice having my friends around.