two.

One day you're waking up to an eviction notice, the next you're waking to a man in your bed. I unfortunately can't blame our actions on alcohol; after only one glass of wine, I asked him back to mine. I don't think I want to blame anything though, I had fun and he did too.

While he's still sleeping, I sneak out of bed to tidy the state we left on our way in here. I fold his clothes neatly onto the chair in the corner of the room and throw mine into my laundry basket, and as I go to reach for the discarded condoms, his phone rings, startling him awake.

He doesn't allow it to ring off, he instantly answers it, half asleep with a deep voice, "Sorry, Laura, I've just woken up."

Who the fuck is Laura?

"I crashed at Charlie's, I'll be back at noon, you'll be okay until then?" After a few mumbles, "Okay, I love you, bye."

I clear my throat, and he shoots me an apologetic look, though that doesn't help how I'm feeling. I just slept with a taken man and the guilt is lying heavy. As a woman who's been cheated on in my past relationships, I feel like I could be genuinely sick that in this instance I was the other woman and he has no care in the world, lying in my bed, with the sheets low over his waist.

"Sorry about that," he apologises.

"It's okay," I whisper. Was it, though?

"I have to get going, but last night-"

"Yeah," I cut him off, not wanting to hear any of the morning-after bullshit and wanting him to fuck off out of my apartment, "Um, your clothes are there, I'll make coffee, I've got some takeout cups?"

Brutal, but I want to be alone right now and he needs to return to Laura.

My first one-night stand and I want it to be my last. 

~~~~
A/N

lol sorry, it's short, I told you!

Please don't abuse me for not writing the smut in, it's not needed with strangers at all; you'll get it when they're no longer strangers...