Chapiter 27

Demi POV :

The next few days were rather complicated. After the interview Wilmer kept getting calls from his mother, colleagues and relatives. I was now seen as a threat and even worse, the woman who was taking Wilmer downhill. Some would try to "set him straight" and others would come to the news to get all the juicy details about our relationship. I, in turn, received thousands of mentions on social networks looking for the slightest piece of information and photos of me. Fortunately, I never posted many photos on the networks, or only a few with my ex at the time, Luke. Speaking of him, after my revelation, a flurry of friend requests and private messages poured in and he decided to contact me. I didn't really see what I could do, especially since Wilmer was keen for us to be as discreet as possible and I couldn't let him down again, I had to think of him.

When I got back to New York I saw Caroline and her husband who were both shocked by my revelation and made me understand. They didn't have a problem with me or what I was doing, but in their opinion, they should have been informed before I agreed to look after Jason. After things were cleared up, things went pretty well and we were able to talk about what was going on in our lives. Although at times I could feel Anthony's gaze on me in a way he hadn't before. It was as if I could read his mind and how he no longer saw me as just his wife's friend, but more as the whore he might have gone to see after work on a Friday night.

Luke kept sending me messages asking me questions, so on the spur of the moment I accepted one of his invitations for a drink and a chat. He invited me to his apartment in Brooklyn, where we spent a rather emotional evening. I gave him a quick summary of everything that had happened to me since our separation and how I'd ended up in this situation... despite the difficult separation I still had enormous affection for him, and he and I both knew that he was one of the people who knew me best. He was the one who lifted me up when my mother left me, or when I started to like the taste of parties too much, or when I started to go on diets that were too painful for my body. As painful as I thought it would be, I was able to open up almost immediately and feel confident, without being judged.

A few days later, Nick's manager, Scott, wanted to see me. They were both visiting New York and were planning to make me an offer. I thought my announcement would have made them back off, but Scott seemed more determined than ever. I got dressed in a simple casual chic outfit and joined them at the studio.

As I arrived, Scott told me how enthusiastic he was to take me under his wing and that he already had ideas for my public image and that I shouldn't ask too many questions. However, he expected me to come up with more than 13 songs within 4 months in order to create my very first album.
This didn't really leave me much time, especially as I'd never done this before, but Nick reassured me by offering to help, and of course Scott would make sure I had access to the studio at my leisure, with a team to help me.

Later that day, it's just me and Nick in the studio. We had sushi delivered while continuing to write music concepts.

Suddenly Nick started coughing and I soon realized he was choking. Within seconds I was behind him, but my hands were around his waist and I pressed down hard, taking care not to hurt him so that he could get the bit that was choking him out. After a few attempts, he was finally free.

- You scared the hell out of me! I thought I was going to have to give you mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. I said, pouring him a glass of water and laughing.
- Would it have been that bad ?
- Well..." I said, laughing.
- Thanks anyway, without you I'd have ended up choking to death on a grain of rice.  So tell me... how have you been holding up?
-hm... it's not easy but I'm fine, everything's fine with Wilmer even if I've ruined any chance of being accepted by his family. I... I just hope it doesn't get to us. I said with a shy smile.
- Yes, it can't be easy on his side either... but... I thought it was very brave what you did. Really, you didn't let it get you down and you assumed who you were. You're really brave. he said, looking at me intently.

It's amazing how much he understood me. Where everyone else told me I'd acted on a whim without thinking of the repercussions, he could see my motivations and my courage.

After a long chat and some brainstorming, Nick and I headed back to the hotel.
- It's always a pleasure to be in your company. he said at my doorstep.
- You're not staying?
- Oh... hm, I thought you'd like some peace and quiet. He says, running a hand across the back of his neck.
- I was going to watch a movie, but I've been doing it alone all week, so a little company wouldn't hurt. Come on! Come on, I saved your life, don't forget. I said with a wink.

Nick POV:

Unable to resist, I accept her invitation even though my whole body contracts at the thought of the tension of our bodies sitting next to each other on the sofa. The one where she'd given me her legendary lap dance and where I'd been able to taste her sweet lips.

We watched  a musical comedy and ended up spending the evening making jokes and criticizing the film's acting. I could spend a lifetime making her laugh, her laughter is so precious and can send shivers down my spine.

Her phone rang and she picked it up, giggling at one of my jokes.

Wilmer POV:

- Hello? She says, laughing out loud. I can also hear someone else laughing in the background, but I don't know who it is.
- Babe, it's me, are you with someone, I'm not bothering you ?
- Oh hi baby! no, it's just Nick. she said, with a  more serious voice.
- I didn't know he was in New York. I said calmly.
- Yes, he had some interview to do and he's manager wanted to see me. But how was your day, baby ?
- Not much... except that I miss you... I swear it's too hard to live even a few days without you... I'm all alone in my big house and my empty bed...
- it's hard for me too... but we've only got a few days left... you're only three dreams away from me.
- Yes... I won't bother you any longer then, you have company... but... could you send me a photo of you please...? I miss seeing your beautiful face. I say in a honeyed voice.
- hahah, yeah right! I'll send it right away. Come on, kisses, I love you Wilmer.
- I love you Demi.

As I hung up, I waited impatiently for her picture. I wasn't so bothered that she was with Nick because I trusted her, but even though Nick was a respectful boy, I could have my doubts... a few seconds later I received several selfies of Demi where she was wearing one of my sweatshirts. She knew how much it drove me crazy.

From Demi:
I love you baby ;) Good night and sweet dreams ;) you're only three dreams away from me.💕

To Demi:With this it's sure I'll have sweet dreams ;))Good night hermosa 😘

To Demi:
With this it's sure I'll have sweet dreams ;))
Good night hermosa 😘

And I wasn't wrong...