Chapiter 19

Demi POV :

I'd just finished getting ready. I'd opted for a simple black and white outfit consisting of a skirt and a crop top. I was meeting my client at the restaurant this evening, so I needed to be a bit more covered up than usual. I was terrified of doing it again but I had no choice, at least at the moment, if I wanted to get my identity documents back I had to keep a low profile with Karl and put him back in my pocket. I thought as I combed my hair in front of the mirror.

Once I was ready, I put on a leather jacket and headed for the subway. As always, I asked myself a thousand questions about my future customer: what was he going to be like, would he be nice? Would he be to my taste or really not? How old would he be? But this time my anxiety was even greater.

Once I was outside the restaurant, I waited a few minutes before going inside. I watch the customers, most of whom are couples or businessmen. The restaurant's decorations gave me a warm feeling and comforted me for a moment. Suddenly I hear a flash of light, which blows my mind.
"Mademoiselle, Mademoiselle are you in a relationship with the actor Wilmer Valderrama?" "is that you?" "Are you meeting him for a date?" "That's her ????" In the distance I hear other people rushing towards the restaurant.

One of the waiters comes to my rescue and let me in, fending off the paparazzi.

In the entry of the building I don't know where to stand. The waiters are all staring at me and the flashbulbs are still going off from behind. If they saw me today with my client they'd either think I was cheating on Wilmer or that we weren't really in a serious relationship. To be honest, neither option suited me, but I couldn't see any way out of it. I wanted to run away, hide in the toilets and not come out again until the restaurant closed. But again my reason caught up with me, if I did that Karl would really not be happy and I wouldn't be ready to forget it. I summon up all my courage and ask to join table number 6 as indicated in Karl's message. Wilmer will understand...

I head for the table in the corner of the restaurant in a place that's almost out of sight. God be praised!

Wilmer POV:

For a few days I'd had an idea in the back of my head, maybe it was stupid but after last night and how scared Demi was to go back to work I decided to find a solution that would put an end to our problems.

When I see her silhouette take shape and move towards me I feel my heart racing. That's the effect she had on me, each time more divine and more delicious. When her gaze fell on me, she didn't smile instantly. Something seemed to be bothering her.
- Surprised," I said, smiling slightly. Are you all right? You don't seem happy to see me.
- Oh yes... I'm delighted even... it's just that I... I wish you'd told me about it, I've spent all day being scared for nothing. She said, clearing her throat before ending with a laugh as sumptuous as her face.
- I... I'm sorry, I apologise, I wanted to surprise you a bit. I said, grabbing her hand as she sat down opposite me and took off her jacket, revealing her beautiful cleavage.
- I'm happy, believe me... it's just that I... never mind.
- Tell me?
- First of all, I don't like the idea of you paying to be with me... then I don't like being surprised like this, which means that Karl still doesn't check the identity of his customers and...

She stopped short, then continued

-hm... I've had my photos taken by a horde of photographers and this time I had nothing to hide my face, so... I guess you could say that our cover is well and truly blown... so I'm a bit angry, yes, even though I appreciate what you've done for me. She said, taking a sip of water.
- I'm sorry... I had no idea it could have embarrassed you so much but... you know I don't mind paying to see you, as long as it means you're safe... and as for our discretion... I...