Fifty five

"It's complicated."

The spell was advanced. She didn't even know if she could do it herself . The curse was dark magic. One she had never heard of before.

"We'll, you can thank your crazy bitch family member for that." Theo scoffed annoyed at the thought of the dead lady . I mean, if a lady put a curse on her family she would hate them too.

"Do you ever blame your grandfather? I mean, he should've known not to cheat on such a powerful lady." Cassie asked curiously looking up from the book. Theo looked at her as if she was the one who placed the curse on him.

"Yeah, he shouldn't have cheated but there was no reason for that psycho to do what she did." Theo spat. Cassie had asked him in a calm voice. His tone definitely wasn't as nice as hers.

She slammed the book shut. "Listen, I'm the only person on this earth that can help you. So treat me with some respect and answer me politely." She snapped sick of his impatience and rudeness.

"Fine." He murmured looking down at the ground. "This is dark magic . I could die for this so think about what you say to me before it comes out of your mouth."

"My grandmother put this curse on you so stop treating me like I did it." She finished . His head was raised again as she was staring him dead in the eyes with not a sliver of gentleness in her previously kind eyes.

"Okay." He muttered looking away to break eye contact with the girl. He had to act like he appreciated her for now. His anger was getting in the way of his lies.

He knew Cassie would slowly piece together that he wouldn't simply thank her then leave her be after she broke the curse. He still felt just as much anger as before towards her and her entire family line. There was nothing that could change that.

"I'll do it tomorrow." She stated shutting the book. "Tomorrow?" He repeated . "I could die any day now." He argues. Cassie placed the book beside her and stood up.

"We'll, I'm gonna die if I don't get a snack." She muttered walking out of the room to go into the kitchen. She heard movement behind her a few moments after she left the room.

Theo stood by the door with his arms crossed. "You want one?" Cassie offered taking a blood bag out of the mini fridge. Theo shook his head looking at the ground.

"You just keep that there? In the open?" Theo asked . "What if someone came to the house and saw that?" He said pointing at the fridge . Cassie looked over at where he was pointing.

She took a small sip of the red liquid before answering. "No one comes to my house really." She replied shrugging. "Don't have any non-supernatural friends or friends who don't know about all of it."

"Where'd you get the blood?" He asked staring at the bag in her hand. "Animal blood. Not human." Cassie told him hoping that made her sound like less of a bad person.

"Right." Theo quickly moved his eyes away from the small bag in Cassie's hand. "If I'm going to nearly kill myself with that spell I'm not doing it on an empty stomach."

"You know you could just kill me now and get away with it?" Theo was trying to find something that would make Cassie a bad person. "I could. But I won't."

"Why is that?" Theo said leaning against the counter . "I'm not a killer. And I want to help you ." Cassie replied making Theo frown. He was trying to hate her because of her family. But he couldn't find a reason to hate her as a person.

Theo almost thought of leaving her alone but he knew that someone had to pay for their suffering. And who else could besides their very last descendant.