Something's Off

Evan arrives on the allied world and immediately senses that something's off. He usually has a pretty good instinct for these sort of things, so he warns his team to keep an eye out. He knows that one wrong move can be the difference between going home and never seeing their loved ones again.

The team makes their way to the village, carrying the medical supplies the villagers had requested from Weir, always making sure that they're aware of their surroundings. But, sometimes, no matter how careful you are, you can still be caught off guard.

As the team takes a turn in the path, they are suddenly ambushed by a Genii squad. Taking a few shots at them, Evan's team is confronted with the reality that they are outnumbered. Making a run for the Gate, Evan realizes that two of his men got separated from the rest of the team.

Instructing them over the radio to head for the gate, Evan hopes that they can make it. But by the time they reach it, he realizes that they didn't just got separated, they were caught by the Genii and a few Genii soldiers were guarding the Gate, making their escape impossible.

Evan and the rest of his team stay hidden in the treeline, while Evan tries to come up with a plan. That's when his radio comes to life, the voice of one of the Genii soldiers hitting his ears as nails on a chalkboard.

The demands are simple: a straight up exchange. His men for the medical supplies that they are carrying. Evan immediately agrees, even though he knows that, by protocol, he shouldn't oblige to their demands. But he doesn't want to lose two of his men, so he has to agree. He's sure that, once he explains to Weir and Sheppard, they will understand.

Evan grabs the medical supplies and makes his way to the clearing where the Gate is located, keeping his hands in sight to show that he is not armed. He drops the supplies and tells the Genii soldier in charge that that's all the supplies and to let his men go.

A couple of Genii come forward to collect the supplies, alongside his men. What Evan doesn't see coming is, after his men are far enough away, two of the Genii grab him and try to take him towards their leader.

Evan tries to fight them off and shots are fired at the Genii, his team covering their teammates retreat as well as trying to give their leader a fighting chance. In the middle of all this, Evan gets knocked out, but not before he hears the leader say he is a more valuable prize than a few medical supplies.

Evan's team watch as Evan is taken through the gate and one of them runs to see what the address is that they are taking him to. Writing it down the best he can, his team dial Atlantis and make their way back through the gate, wishing they had been able to stop their leader from getting taken.

As they arrive in Atlantis, they are met by Weir and Sheppard, both asking what happened. Giving this report is hard, since they know that Sheppard and Lorne are good friends. Still, they do their best to give a faithful account of what happened so they can hopefully get Lorne back.

Sheppard can hardly contain is anger as he hears what happened on the planet. He knows Lorne will do whatever he can do to stay alive and give them a chance at finding him, and he has to hope that Lorne will be alive by the time they actually find him.

Weir tells him to get his team and gear up, as well as telling him to take Major Walker and her team as back up, after sending Lorne's team to the infirmary to get checked out. Radioing everyone, Sheppard makes his way to the gear room, but halfway there he thinks that he better warn Rosie as well. He quickly radios her to met him outside of the gear room, dreading having to tell her what happened.

Rosalie finds Sheppard before he gets inside of the gear room, confused as to why he had asked her to meet him there.

-"Sheppard, what's going on?"

-"Listen, Lorne was taken hostage by the Genii. My team and SGA 6 are going to get him. I just thought you should hear it from me, instead of the city's rumor mill."

-"Are you serious? How did this even happen?"

-"Look, we can get into that once we have Lorne back."

-"I'm coming with you."

-"No you're not."

-"Sheppard, if anyone knows how the Genii operate is me. I have had more than enough encounters with them while I was on the run to know exactly how they do things. I'm coming with you and I'm not asking."

-"I swear to God, Rosie, if you pull a stunt like you did on the mine, I will shoot you myself, understood?"

-"I won't, but you gotta promise me that you will do whatever it takes to get Evan back. Please."

-"That goes without saying. Gear up and meet us in the jumper bay."

Rosalie doesn't waste time. Running inside the gear room after Sheppard, she quickly puts her tact vest on and grabs her Staff weapon, before following him out to the jumper bay. The whole way to the jumper bay all she can think about is what the Genii might be doing to Evan and her anger at the Genii increases ten-fold.

She knows Evan is tough, but she also knows the lengths the Genii will go to get what they want. She sits in the back of the jumper and bows her head in prayer, begging whoever might be listening that they can find Evan before it's too late.