Chapter 5 : Tardiness

Asher's eyes opened to the sound of his mobile alarm. Asher barely opened his eyes to see the time, but seeing that he was late again today, he got up from the bed and quickly took a shower and changed his clothes. Picked up the bag and started cycling towards the university. Due to coming home at one o'clock in the night and being tired, he could not get up early. He reached the university while riding a bicycle at full speed. When he entered the class late again, everyone started looking at him, but his throat became bitter after seeing that today again Eric was taking his first lecture.

"Mister Asher, if you have arrived, sit in your seat; you have disturbed the whole class."

Eric saw Asher standing at the door and said.

After the lecture concluded and students began leaving, Eric addressed Asher as he was about to exit the class, "Mr. Asher, bring your register to me."

Asher halted, puzzled, and inquired, "But why?"

Eric, visibly uneasy, approached him after the class emptied. "It seems your mind is not working. Show me the punishment essay I asked you to write yesterday."

Eric stood in front of Asher, who nervously bit his lip, searching his bag for the register. However, there was no such register containing the essay. He had contemplated writing it several times the previous day but succumbed to laziness.

"Mister Asher, did you lose your register?" Eric inquired while Asher continued frantically searching.

"I think my register is at home. I forgot to put it in my bag in a hurry," Asher admitted, wetting his dry lips.

"At least, Mr. Asher, you should think of a good excuse," Eric suggested, observing Asher's unease.

"Sorry, I will write it tomorrow," Asher replied, lowering his eyes.

"If you don't write it by tomorrow, you will be punished, Asher," warned Eric, leaning in meaningfully. Asher, perplexed, attempted to step back, but the wall behind him thwarted his movement.

"Okay, sir," he stammered as Eric turned away with a smile, gathered his belongings, and exited the class. Asher stared at the door Eric had just left through, hastily grabbed his bag, and rushed to his next class, where he was also running late.

A/N: "Dive into a world where forbidden love intertwines with dark secrets, as Eric, the mysterious vampire prince, grapples with a haunting past. The emergence of Asher, unaware of his true identity, ignites a complex web of power struggles, ancient grudges, and hidden desires. As they navigate a treacherous path between love and betrayal, they uncover long-buried truths that challenge their very existence. Will their entangled destinies lead to salvation or doom in this supernatural saga of passion, revenge, and the timeless struggle between light and shadow?"